Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 pm 
Top of the pops

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/sky- ... post974022

If you have lost the BBC channels read this
If you live in a fringe reception (eg Cyprus) area you may have lost your standard def BBC entertainment channels in the last couple of days.

The likely reason for this is two new frequencies that have been activated on the adjacent satellite Badr 5

The new Badr 5 channels are 10810H & 10810V on 26E. The main BBC channels are transmitted on the similar 10803H & 10818V on 28E.

Basically the stronger Badr 5 channels swamp the pitifully weak Astra 2D channels carrying the desired BBC channels.

There is no easy fix for this at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:50 pm 
Top of the pops

This is an ongoing problem first noticed end of last year when channels on Astra 2D#10773 began to suffer (eg BBC1 London, BBC2 England, BBC Three, Five fta), i understand as the BADR ramps up capacity we in fringe area of 2D will further suffer with reception, especially in the early to mid evening. Obviously the general signal problem is going to be area wide, but to make matters worse/better there will be differences in the installations.

On a related note, after buying a wide feed horn from Normsat, and paying for a 'tweak' a week later i had better performance on some channels, and zero reception for others. I then replaced the LNB with a brand new one bought online, and after my own trial and error with the feedhorn height (currently as high as possible ) we get bbc1 london, bbc2 england, five (fta) most of the day to a decent level (perfect right now), so much so the wife recorded the afternoon Five repeat of Home & Away and the BBC3 repeat of Eastenders on my media centre.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body