Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 am 
Top of the pops

We managed to steal away for a day to this great little village that we're never heard of before in the Troodos range.

If you get the chance to go then jump at it. Set on a very step mountainside with houses set right against the slopes and on top of one another it has an Alps feeling and an incredibly unspoilt essence.

The history there actually make it one of the very few UNESCO sites in Eastern Europe and much of the heritage has been tastefully preserved (and subsequently maintained). This weekend had the second Honey festival which is one of the main products in the area.

If you get the chance then also stay at the Casale Panayotis which is a wonderful Spa spread across the old village houses. This is the first time in Cyprus that I could suggest we received genuine top class service. The Spa itself is a pleasure and offers a full range of services as you would expect.

In the valley there is a year round flowing river with Venetian bridges and Wild Trout swimming around. Quite an eyeopener.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 am 
Rock Star

Again, useful and interesting post, but in the wrong group.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 am 
Top of the pops

Casale Panayiotis is actually a collection of restored old properties/rooms for tourists with 3 restaurants and the Spa all within the village pf Kalapanayiotis. We have been there for weekends and it's most enjoyable but best avoided in the high season as the narrow streets get congested by tourist traffic.

Check out the website for more information!

:sunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm 
Master

Had heard about this village and the hotel (CP), so visited there a few weeks ago with a view to perhaps staying there, but was not expecting the hotel to be so spread out, room I was shown felt more like being in an apartment than in a hotel. I think the streets were on three levels and unfortunately the lift was not working so it was back to the car parked across the bridge after a very short visit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:56 pm 
Top of the pops

We find it has lots of character and is rather quirky! As a rule we take a Superior Studio which is perfectly adequate and in the Winter the log fire's heavenly. I know what you mean about it being rather spread out but that's part of the attraction in that it's different - the owner buys various buildings as and when they come up for sale.

If you were to contact them via their website or by phone and explain what you were looking for regards easy access I am sure they'd accommodate you.

:sunny

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body