Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 pm 

wanted at least two leisure batterys about 120ah or where can i buy ??

Last edited by pegleg2 on Fri May 17, 2019 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 pm 
Regular

dont understand leisure batteries, what are they used with or for.
what type/size should they be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 am 

Leisure Batteries (frequently used for camping and caravanning but have other applications)( Some car batteries also come under the title 'leisure batteries)

In contrast to a standard starter battery, a leisure battery has to provide a steady flow of current over a prolonged period and seldom gets recharged until the user recognises that’s its Voltage level has substantially fallen. At this point, a recharge must be provided. If left for a long period in a discharged state, or left connected to a load which forces the battery into an over discharged state, a battery will not regain its former condition. These conditions can lead to the formation of soft shorts which will render the battery unserviceable.

It is general practice to market leisure batteries with some indication of the number of cycles that the battery can achieve at 50% state of charge. By design, increasing the number of cycles given by a battery (life and durability, rather than start-ability) involves the following:

• Adding more lead, generally using higher density active material during plate construction
• Using expensive materials designed to operate the cell packs at a higher pressure (whilst maintaining acid between the plates)

Conventional lead acid leisure batteries are considered to meet the demands of entry level to mid-range applications. Subject to the application, a durability range of 70 to 360 cycles @ 50% DOD is common. Recent investment and developments in micro hybrid automotive technology, which bears similar requirements to the leisure market, has resulted in improved conventional leisure battery durability.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/caravanning/in-the-caravan/appliances/leisure-batteries
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leisure-Battery-12v-110Ah-Numax-XV31MF/dp/B0043QOA0S

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks for the explanation Dave. I had something else in mind completely. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm 

I purchased a leisure battery from this company last month, it arrived within 22 hours of ordering ( in the UK ) and was half the manufacturers list price https://www.tayna.co.uk/Leisure-Batteries-C45.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 pm 
Forum Admin

try cyprus mobility , they have them for the scooters..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body