Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 am 

House Clearance 7 Eleaion Kissonerga

Loads of bargains electrical goods, furniture, pictures etc.

Monday May 1st 7 Elaion Kissonerga

Turn left at Kastambena, follow road round and trurn left at T-junction, follow road up to red brick cross roads and turn right, take second right (no street name), then 1st right (Racheris street), then 1st left (Eleon), villa is the last one on the left.

Lorraine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am 
Rock Star

Lozzcat wrote:
Turn left at Kastambena,

When we come from Tala, the Kastambena Supermarket is on our right and the Kastambena Apartments are on the left :oops:

Maybe you ought to be a little more specific if you are trying to encourage buyers? :grin: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:31 pm 
Top of the pops

Three different spellings of Eleon in the same post could confuse also ;) However to follow the directions you need to start from the Kastambena.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
Rock Star

J B wrote:
Lozzcat wrote:
Turn left at Kastambena,

When we come from Tala, the Kastambena Supermarket is on our right and the Kastambena Apartments are on the left :oops:

I'm guessing coming down from Tala you turn left at the raised red brick crossroads and pick up the directions from there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 pm 
Idol

Any garden furniture for sale?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:38 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
Three different spellings of Eleon in the same post could confuse also ;) However to follow the directions you need to start from the Kastambena.

Supermarket or Apartments? ;)

Effsie wrote:
I'm guessing coming down from Tala you turn left at the raised red brick crossroads and pick up the directions from there.

More confused than ever now :oops: :lol:

'raised red brick crossroads'??? Do you mean just below where there used to be a car wash that's now a metal fabrication business?
If yes, then I would go straight across there which would bring me out opposite the (used to be called) Pithary Restaurant/Pub (that seems to change names often nowadays)
I would then turn right into Kissonerga village centre and would find the Kastambena apartments on my left and Kastambena supermarket on my right.

:oops:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:05 pm 
Top of the pops

J B wrote:
Supermarket or Apartments? ;)
With your back to the main road and the supermarket on your left.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:27 pm 
Rock Star

J B wrote:
'raised red brick crossroads'??? Do you mean just below where there used to be a car wash that's now a metal fabrication business?
If yes, then I would go straight across there which would bring me out opposite the (used to be called) Pithary Restaurant/Pub (that seems to change names often nowadays)
I would then turn right into Kissonerga village centre and would find the Kastambena apartments on my left and Kastambena supermarket on my right.

:oops:

Why go straight across? That would take you to the Kastambena supermarket, only for you to turn around and go back to the red brick bit. Just turn left like I suggested and continue with "take second right (no street name), then 1st right (Racheris street), then 1st left (Eleon), villa is the last one on the left."

Are you actually planning to go?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie wrote:
Why go straight across? That would take you to the Kastambena supermarket, only for you to turn around and go back to the red brick bit. Just turn left like I suggested and continue with "take second right (no street name), then 1st right (Racheris street), then 1st left (Eleon), villa is the last one on the left."

Are you actually planning to go?

Not planning to go no, was just trying to assist the OP by hoping to clarify their directions.

I just read the OP where they said 'turn left at the Kastambena' but they didn't say which way they were coming from!
I didn't bother to read the message any further, but now have done so and understand what it's about.

Interestingly, we have had a house in Tala for 20 years and have travelled back and forth to Coral Bay more times than I care to remember and have never been up the road beside the Kastambena Supermarket ... funny how different folks use different routes! :grin:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:21 pm 
Rock Star

Kastambena is on the corner of a T junction so, from the main road you can only turn one way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:38 pm 
Rock Star

Effsie wrote:
Kastambena is on the corner of a T junction so, from the main road you can only turn one way.

I always thought the apartments (?) opposite the supermaarket were called Kastambena Apartments - is that right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:46 pm 
Rock Star

I only know where the supermarket is. Not come across the apartments.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm 
Top of the pops

There are no apartments opposite the supermarket, just a croft ... and beyond that a car park. Kastambena apartments are behind the supermarket on the same side of the road.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Wouldn't it be easier just to load a google map.

Or is the intention to keep the discussion going up until the day of the sale....

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:
There are no apartments opposite the supermarket, just a croft ... and beyond that a car park. Kastambena apartments are behind the supermarket on the same side of the road.

Thanks KG - every day's a school day ;)

The 'apartments' I was referring to are opposite the supermarket, but a little up the road towards Chlorakas.

Always remember them only for the fact that our kids reckoned they'd seen a a naked man on the balcony there when driving back from the beach one day - to us they have always since been known as 'naked man's house'!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 pm 
Master

I have tried to follow instructions and I think Villa De La Maison du Bonheur is just round the corner from Eleion Street and it is the cul de sac to the left of the red pointer.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Villa ... 8?hl=en-US

Suggest Lorraine puts up some signs near the villa on the day to help people find it.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body