Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:27 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:55 pm 
Major

how bad is that! new manager, unbeaten run, euphoria about the place, all that we are gonna be in the top 4 craic, playing in europe, and only 16k turn up! rediculous, and they reckon they have better support than sunderland and newcastle! they will always be in arsenals shadow!

the match wasnt even on the telly was it! spurs you really are doodoo lets face it

Just born lucky I suppose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:59 pm 
Regular

Dino

Let me introduce myself. I am a born and bred Geordie who was lucky enuff to discover true football and an early age and have been a Spurs supporter for almost 40 years now.

As far as NE clubs go I would but Sunderland as my preferred team, even though I am one of the few folk around who can actually say I was there the last time Newcastle won anything. (1969 in case you are wondering).

It may be true that the crowd at last nights match was low, given the result and the quality of the performance, it would appear the majority of those who regularly attend Spurs games actually missed out on a good game. I would also agree to the point you make about us being in the shadow of the Gooners for some time now, painful though it is for me to say that.

We will however always be a bigger club than Newcastle and Sunderland because I do not base that assessment on the number of folk who go to the games. Football is all about winning trophy's, not the taking part. I doubt there is any major competition going that we have not won more frequently than both Newcastle and Sunderland. We have also won them more recently than either of those 2 clubs.

If you were to judge how big a club is purely by the number of folk attending games you would have to acknowledge The Toon are bigger than Sunderland as they get bigger crowds, we would all have to agree Man Utd are the biggest club in England as they have the biggest ground and we would then have to agree Celtic are one of the top 5 teams in the UK because they get 60,000+ every game. Surely you can see with those statistics how flawed your argument is on that point.

On this forum we are very friendly and have a bit of banter between us all, the only rule we do have is that we must only take the Pee out of the Barcodes ( :lol: :lol: ).

I will forgive your adverse comments about the mighty Spurs this time given the fact you are new to this forum, I look forward to many years of happy banter with you as we all gang up on Pete and Martin, lets be honest they deserve it.

Cheers

John.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body