Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keegan gone?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:57 pm 
Regular

Heavy rumours around here that KKK walked out on the club last night and has been replaced by little Jimmy Krankie (Denis Wise ) with immediate effect.

The Newcastle fans websites are in meltdown with these rumours, none of which are in support of the club if this is true.

Apprecaite this is only rumour at present but you know the old saying there's no smoke without fire.

There may be trouble ahead.

Regards.

John

Post subject: Re: Keegan gone?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:16 pm 
Top of the pops

Ha Ha love owt like this me !
Everyone reckons he's walked and he's at Sid James now sorting it.
Gary :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:27 pm 
Regular

discopants wrote:
Ha Ha love owt like this me !
Everyone reckons he's walked and he's at Sid James now sorting it.

kevin keegan walking away from a job, surely not :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:45 pm 
Top of the pops

I have received a txt from a Mag "mate" telling me that KK has been sacked !
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 pm 
Regular

I understand the EasyJet flights to Spain for tomorrow are fully booked with Spanish footballers going back home.

Shouldn't really mock them should we after all they may go and do something cleaver like appointing Shearer as the new full time Manager and we all know how good his managerial record is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:16 pm 
Top of the pops

Now you may have picked up on the fact that I'm not a Mag. You may even think I should stick to commenting on my own club, but I'm not.
I had to put up with all the crowing when the Messiah returned and listen to what his partnership with Ashley was about to bring so I think I am entitled to air my opinion.
It still has not been confirmed what has happened at Sid James but really what option is there left for KK. You have to sympathise with him. He is coaching a team and players who are not his. He has not chosen the most recent players. He obviously has not had a say over the sale of Milner, the contract talks with Owen, the prospective purchase of James McFadden who Wise decided was too expensive and the arrival of these guys from Spain. He obviously had little clue about Spiderman and more or less said so to the press.
He has been begging for players since the friendly game at Hartlepool. He badly wanted Warnock from Blackburn who would not have cost that much but notably he didn't get him.
He didn't know who was coming in and no other manager in the country is expected to operate like that. The appointment of that poison dwarf Wise was the beginning of the end. What sort of self respecting manager will operate with this arrangement in place ? Certainly not Mary Poppins.
Well done Ashley if you have sacked him ( not). Typical that you are looking for a new manager hours after the transfer window closes meaning a new man can not bring in his own players.
I hope Wise is appointed manager.
The danger is Newcastle may but probably won't appoint a manager who is actually good. I'll not lose any sleep just yet.
Newcastle are yet again a laughing stock. If you don't believe that just look at some of the other club's websites.
I am really interested to hearing the views of Pete and CF on this one and oh to have been a fly on the wall !
Come on you skunkers what's occurring with your club ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Or so sad looks like its all :explode at st James. So Pete-- Les send a a message-- BOHO :leaving I don't think he should have come back in the first place Newcastle should be looking forward not going back. Marj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Well the club have issued a statement that KK has not been sacked. They have not confirmed he is the manager. There is a rumour that he was sacked this morning but was asked to stay later in the day when Ashley realised there would be riots.
Mind you can you believe a word that comes from this club's advisors, I mean who the hell believes the recent claim that Ashley didn't realise he was breaking the law by drinking alcohol in the Emirates as he thought it was non alcoholic. You couldn't make it up ! or could you ?
Why tell a lie like that when they could have just said " Yeah Sorry"
There's much more at stake with the Keegan saga than a paltry fine so take what this club says with a pich of salt !
Gary, Happy to be a Mackem :lol:

Last edited by discopants on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Magpies deny Keegan sacking

Newcastle have announced that they have not sacked Kevin Keegan and they want him to remain as manager.

Keegan's future has been the subject of widespread speculation after reports emerged on Tuesday that Keegan had left the club.

The rumours about Keegan's future saw fans stage angry protests outside St James' Park with supporters calling for the head of owner Mike Ashley and the club's board.

However, the club have now revealed that they have not dispensed with Keegan's services and that the 57-year-old remains part of their plans.

Meetings

The club statement on their official website read: "Newcastle United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

"Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

"The club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

"Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the club.

"For the avoidance of doubt the club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:38 am 
Web-Site Admin

Keegan has not been sacked and has not resigned - it's obvious something has gone on, but until I know what it is it's difficult to comment.

Goes without saying I support KK 100% against any cockney adversary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am 
Top of the pops

Well it just goes to show what a lot of D--k Heads they are what a way to run a club.Its the faithful fans I feel sorry for not knowing whats going on. :roll: Marj haway the lads. :smilielol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm 
Top of the pops

It now appears that Keegan believes he has a case for constructive dismissal whatever that is. He appears to have spent last night discussing his case with FA advisors who have said KK is in a " difficult position".
It has been quoted in the local rags that if KK walks away he will owe the club £1m. He is said to be in a bit of financial difficulty too.
However, if he is sacked it is said the club will owe him approx £8m.
Hope this fiasco drags on meself like. Is there a dignified way to walk away from a club or be dismissed by a club ?
If there is, this isn't it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:22 pm 
Junior

Who really wants to read about this farcical club and it's poor running ?

Never in the news for achieving/winning anything..

God what a waste of time!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Willis wrote:
Who really wants to read about this farcical club and it's poor running ?

Never in the news for achieving/winning anything..

God what a waste of time!

Aren't you a West Ham fan?

Good timing! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:55 pm 
BOOGALOO509 wrote:
...Shouldn't really mock them should we after all they may go and do something cleaver like appointing Shearer as the new full time Manager and we all know how good his managerial record is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

John mate, so Ramos has a awesome managerial record at the Spurts does he :roll: :roll:

What he finished 11th last season after spending £50mil+
Lost his first 2 matches this season after spending another £50+ million... do a sterling job there :lol: :lol:

Everybody is entitled to pass comment on what is happening at SJP presently but Willis mate, you're club is in as much a state as ours, so be careful :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:28 pm 
Regular

Pete wrote:
BOOGALOO509 wrote:
...Shouldn't really mock them should we after all they may go and do something cleaver like appointing Shearer as the new full time Manager and we all know how good his managerial record is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

John mate, so Ramos has a awesome managerial record at the Spurts does he :roll: :roll:

Lost his first 2 matches this season after spending another £50+ million... do a sterling job there :lol: :lol:

Everybody is entitled to pass comment on what is happening at SJP presently but Willis mate, you're club is in as much a state as ours, so be careful :wink: :lol:

and how much money has he raised in selling players? (the sunderland lot, robinson, defoe, keane and that was before berbatov)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:49 pm 
Top of the pops

I thought this was a good read.
Phil McNulty 3 Sep 08, 10:10 AM Kevin Keegan has not been sacked. Kevin Keegan says he has not resigned. But would you risk a large amount of money right now on him being Newcastle United manager for their next game at home to Hull?

No - didn't think you would and neither would I.

Talks are ongoing between Keegan and Newcastle over his future as the fog of uncertainty and chaos continues to shroud the Tyne's football followers.

One thing we do know with absolute certainty is that Newcastle is once again a club in chaos, with fractured relationships at the top of the club and a management structure that is fatally flawed.

Much has been made of the media's coverage - including here - of the tumult on Tuesday, so it is worth clarifying events.

The BBC and almost every other outlet received information from the most reliable and informed sources that Keegan had left his position. This would not have been reported had there been the slightest doubt.

Make no mistake this was no mass media invention, and even the belated statement from Newcastle, issued six hours after first reports of Keegan's demise filtered out, failed to clarify his position as manager.

So events move on, in bizarre fashion even by Newcastle standards, and today we are left with a shabby mess that reflects so badly on the regime of owner Mike Ashley.

He may mix with Newcastle's fans during matches, but has no grasp on how they feel about their club - and in particular how they feel about Keegan.

No matter how well his talks with Keegan progress, things will never be the same for the major players at Newcastle. Any truce will be fragile given the previous history between Keegan and Ashley.

Ashley has massively misjudged the mood in Newcastle and it is impossible to see how he can repair his relationship with the club's followers, and indeed Keegan.

We've all had our fun with Newcastle fans about their over-blown perception of just how big and successful they are - or not as the case may be - but no-one can question they have a unique bond with their team and have been shabbily treated again.

Ashley has not understood that and this is why he is now holed below the waterline in the eyes of Newcastle's fans. He cannot sit among those supporters again with his credibility so badly damaged.

Could it be that Ashley and his sidekicks only realised the magnitude of Keegan's potential depature once they heard and saw the incendiary reaction of the club's supporters to reports that he had left?

Is there any way back for Keegan at Newcastle even now? And even in this unlikely event, how long would it before it all flared up again?

If these discussions are actually focusing on football matters, Keegan will presumably be asking for complete control over transfers, a privilege that has been denied to him so far.

This is the least he should be given. Keegan is a good judge of a player and he is certainly as qualified, if not more so, than those who have been reportedly choosing those who are arriving at Newcastle.

It also means those who sign know they have the trust and faith of the manager - and Keegan will also know he lives or dies by his own choices as opposed to someone else's.

If Ashley agrees to that, it will effectively mean the demise of executive director Dennis Wise, who is very much the owner's man despite being an unpopular figure among the Newcastle support.

And it should also mean curtains for vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez and technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere.

Keegan would be in a position of total power and authority with players and supporters. Would that be acceptable to Ashley?

It is difficult to see how Keegan's career at Newcastle can be salvaged without those huge compromises, and even the eventual departure of Wise, Ashley - or both.

Newcastle are left as a laughing stock once more. And no-one on Tyneside is blaming Keegan

I have been told that at about 10.30am yesterday KK and Wise had to be seperated to prevent them punching each other. This came about cos KK found out via the back door the previous night that Newcastle were in talks with Everton to sell Owen and with Portsmouth to sell Barton, two players he does not want to see leave.
Keegan resigned.
Ashley crapped his pants when he realised what the reaction on Tyneside was and so the situation drags on for now.
Gary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:06 pm 
smurf wrote:
Pete wrote:
BOOGALOO509 wrote:

John

and how much money has he raised in selling players? (the sunderland lot, robinson, defoe, keane and that was before berbatov)

Doesn't matter how much he's got back, he's still not done any better than Jol did & has only recouped money that Jol spent on players, who've gone up in value, that doesn't make him a better manager, or does it :roll:

If he breaks the top 4 this season, then he's done well but I doubt that will happen now with Citey looking to spend £500mil in Jan transfer window :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:55 pm 
Regular

breaking news keegan has officially walked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Who will succeed Kevin Keegan?

Hopefully not Denis Wise..........

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:01 am 
Top of the pops

Well it's official. On a day when previous managers were queing up to call the club a shambles or a disaster, take your pick ( and one even having the audacity to suggest they have fallen behind The Mackems) KK The Messiah has gone.
He's resigned and quite rightly so. He has stated one of the reasons being that no manager should have to work with players he didn't want...and he's dead right.

I am a Mackem and I am proud. I have to say that I have respect for Sir Bobby Robson and for Kevin Keegan.
They are both good men. They love football and they have given an awful lot to football.They are very passionate about their club, as I am about mine. Isn't it a pity that their club is Newcastle United and that they have both been treated so disgracefully.
The Polis in the Toon will be on overtime tonight.
Gary, Happy to be a Mackem.
What ever happened to dignity. KK showed it let's see if the skunkers do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 am 
Web-Site Admin

discopants wrote:
I am a Mackem and I am proud. I have to say that I have respect for Sir Bobby Robson and for Kevin Keegan.
They are both good men. They love football and they have given an awful lot to football.They are very passionate about their club, as I am about mine. Isn't it a pity that their club is Newcastle United and that they have both been treated so disgracefully.

Can't disagree with any of that - whole thing is a shambles and I'm sick of it. The day KK is forced out of my club while that horrid cockney dwarf Dennis Wise is still there picking up his fat pay cheque is a very sad one indeed.

Football as the game I grew up with is dying on it's ar$e, the latest Man City takeover representing yet another nail in the coffin. Typical of the toon that even when billionaires are being handed out we get the sh!t one.

:(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:09 pm 
Regular

Can I say with all sincerity that I feel heartily sorry for the Newcastle fans and for KKK. He has shown he had the balls to stand up for his principles, not something you can say about the rest of the bunch in charge there.

I can't believe even Ashley would be so stupid to put little Jimmy Krankie in charge of the team now so it looks like Terry Mac as caretaker for a while. God only knows who would want the job now after all of this hassle.

I don't really want to sound like I am trying to score brownie points at the moment but I can't help thinking back to the boasts from all of you Toon supporters when Ashley took over and brought KKK back, how you were now set to take on all of Europe again and become a major force in UK football. Hasn't really worked out that way has it. I just hope that what ever happens over the coming months you have learnt to take in on board calmly and rationally instead of spouting off again as though the second coming had arrived.

I do however have a theory on what will happen at Newcastle for what it is worth.

1 Ashley will sell out, probably to the Indian magnate who was after the club a while back.
2 That person will get rid of Krankie and Jimminez and try to bring back KKK
3 If KKK comes back he is god again and the Indian chappie is the best thing since sliced bread for getting the club back on track.
4 If KKK doesn't come back he can blame Ashley and then appoint his own man, either way the fans won't hold him to blame.

One final point for Pete about Mr Ramos and his management record compared to Alan Shearer. Didn't we win one of the three domestic tropheys last season under Ramos? When he joined the club he inherited a team that was not his. True he spent big but he also recouped all of that money and more with his sales. When KKK came back he inherited a team that was not his but, for whatever reason he did not change things when he could. At least at Tottenham we are supporting the manager that cannot be said about Newcaslte.

Since KKK came back he managed to win only 6 games, hardly setting the football world on fire that was it?

You may recall I thought Martin Jol had not been treated very well by Tottenham when he left and I wanted to reserve judgement of Ramos as I didn't know much about him. This season he has to make sure his buys start to perform, there are still 35 games left for them to do that, lets see who finish's higher in the league "AGAIN".

Regards.

John

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:34 pm 
Yes we boasted about Ashley taking over & when he brought KK back, we thought it was our turn but then it seems that Ashley was more concerned about making money than spending it by raising ST prices & cutting back on players wages & making them by their own team suits, things started going down hill from there :roll:

Our players started wanting to leave, KK didn't get any funds to sign new players & the boards starting bringing in players KK didn't want, so decided to walk & so he should, we don't blame him, we blame Ashley & Wise for turning our club into a farse, a laughing stock again & yes, if this Indian Multi Billionaire buys Ashley out & get KK back & lets him run the team as he should, then yes maybe we'll start thinking that it really is our turn, even though Citey's new owners will never be out bid on any players, not even if Bill Gates buys a clubs, as they have a fortune of £550 billion & no one can match that :shock: :shock:

As for Ramos & winning the Carling cup, the only reason they did was because Chelski had their eye on the CL & didn't care about anything else, otherwise you'd never have won it, so don't try to think you would have :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:40 pm 
It seems that Gus Poyet is favorite to replace Keegan at the TOON :shock: so if he does, what will Ramos do without his traslater, how will he cope & how will he get the players to do what he wants, as he hasn't learnt to speak cockney yet, so will the Spurts suffer because of KK & the TOON :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:21 am 
Top of the pops

You know what? I think you've been conned all along. I think Fat Casshley thought he'd bought a bargain when he paid £130m or whatever for the club. His only intention was to have a bit of fun ie act like he's one of the lads then sell at a big profit.
How on earth a successful businessman like him didn't serve due dilligence and wasn't aware of this extra £80m debt is beyond me.
He's employed a few of his mates and played his trump by employing KK to bring the club along until he thought it would be in a good position for him to sell.
It seems he's listened to his mates too much and the things have gone to pot.
No one should be expected to operate under the conditions that KK was operating under and no one else does.
He does not understand what KK means to the Tyneside public and he will be forced to sell very soon. He will probably make a huge profit.
In my opinion good times are around the corner for my Mag mates. Just try and remember this rooster up and accept that your views of your club are now more than ever not shared by the normal football fan.
Your club is a joke, a national laughing stock. Not for the first time but maybe this time you can see it too.
#Gary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 am 
Regular

discopants wrote:
Your club is a joke, a national laughing stock. Not for the first time but maybe this time you can see it too.
#Gary

i doubt they will, they are everybodys 2nd team remember(copyright all the uk media even though most people got fed up with this soap opera a long time ago) are now clutching at straws hoping a big foreign billionaire will buy them, it begs the question why are all these business men (very succesful ones at that) putting money into football? most will be using it for profit, a couple will be using it as a plaything.

as soon as the tv money dries up the americans and the other ones after a profit will be off like a shot
as with all playthings people can get bored so chelsea and man city will also get hit eventually.

thank god we have Sir Steve of Gibson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 am 
Web-Site Admin

It's OK folks, everything's going to be alright after all - Anil Ambani is going to buy us, reinstate KK and give him an unlimited transfer budget...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 am 
Web-Site Admin

Excellent video tribute to KK's toon years - had a tear in the eye watching this..... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEXWkZ9hqOE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:12 pm 
Top of the pops

You can see he had his priorities right ! :roll: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 657270.ece

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Martin how sad are you the next thing we here there will be a marble headstone for the fans to write their tributes on. :smilielol Marj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:31 pm 
Regular

Pete

A team can only beat the 11 players put out against them. Chelsea played 11 very experienced players in the final so you cannot seriously try to claim it was a weakened team we beat. One other point what about the Arsenal team we beat 5 - 1 in the Semi final. Two of the top four teams in the Premier league beaten in those two matches.

Try and imagine this ( I know it will be hard but have a go), if The Toon had beaten Arsenal and Chelsea to win a competition would you have still had the same view on the players put out against you? I think we all know the answer to that.

Cheers.

John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm 
Unlike you it seems John, yes I would have said we had a glorious win against a weakened side but if you think finishing 11th under Ramos is good because you also won the Carling Cup, then you believe that mate :roll:

Ramos has done nothing to impress me as a manager in the EPL, if after spending £100m on players, no matter how much he got back from selling Jol's players, he gets you into the top 4, then maybe he'll be a better manager than Jol was but until Shearer gets into management, you can't judge him on how he would do :shock:

As for KK, at least he's had a team in the top 4 a couple of times, when was the last time the Spurts got to those dizzy heights under any manager :? :? Not since its been the Premiership thats for sure :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Will you two stop bleating on about who's better Spurs or the Mags !
You both flatter to deceive. This thread is about Keegan. There is another thread I'm sure to debate which of your two clubs promise so much and deliver nothing the most/best.
Now getting back to Keegan. I've read some interesting things in the tabloids today, and in case you lot haven't I'd like to mention a few of them.
Pete/CF Did you read that when KK attended the meeting in a solicitors office back in Jan to discuss the job he was offered £1m a year wages. He is supposed to have asked for some time to discuss it with his wife who was next door. His wish was granted and after half an hour Ashley wondered where he was and realised that Mr and Mrs KK had handed in their security passes and had left the building. Ashley is said to have rang KK'sphone and asked "Where are you?" KK replies " I'm heading for the M1 your offer is a disgrace!" He was asked to turn round and return which he did and he is supposed to have signed an improved contract without reading the small print.
Interesting.
It's been said that KK knew from the off that he would not be signing any players and that DW would be. It is said that it was explained to KK that it was not gonna be like Chelsea with loads of money but more like Arsenal and KK'sand DW's brief was to find the best young European talent and bring them to the North East like Arsenal did with Fabregas etc.
It's been said that after an outburst from KK about the transfer policy he was summonsed to that meet in May and told again what the club was aiming to achieve re transfers and young players. He is said to have stated he understood what they were saying.
Not long after he is said to have been quoted as saying he wanted to sign Lampard, Beckham and Henry !
Basically, it is being suggested he'd lost the plot completely. He'd been told that the club's transfer kitty for the new season was just £12m but chose to ignore this.
When he was asked who he would like the club to sign as a CH,he stated in this order Jonathon Woodgate, Richard Dunne or Sammy Hypia. They are trying to say that he had no knowledge of players other than the obvious.
They say he did say he would like Anton Ferdinand but he simply refused to go to Sid James'.
On a more positive note, they say KK was aware of the sale of Milner and thought Villa were paying £4m too much for him so the deal had to be accepted. This money was to be used to attract the German international Schwinesteiner who was offered £70,000 a week but also wouldn't sign.
I'm not poking fun or anything here lads I just found the above interesting bits and thought I'd share them with you in case you hadn't seen them.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:15 pm 
Regular

Pete

We've been told off by a Sunderland supporter, what is the world coming too?

Actually it is a fair point Gary so I will stop the Spurs references.

Back to the Toon. I don't think we will ever know what has really gone on but you are right the papers today do seem to be a bit more open to criticising KKK. I may be wrong on this one but I thought little Jimmy Krankie joined Newcastle after Keeag had arrived back. If that is the case then KKK couldn't have agreeed to him sorting out the transfer policy. I know Ashley could have spelt out his vision to KKK but I would be interested to know just exactly when Wise joined Newcastle.

I understand so far Shearer has said he is not interested, the Zaragosa manager has said no and Franco Zola is the new favourite.

There still seems to be a big push across here for the fans to boycott the Hull game. Personally I can't make my mind up if that is a good thing or not. Would certainly be the best visual display of the depth of feeling, on the other hand it's not the fault of the 11 players who will need the fans support. I would put money on the fact Ashlet, Wise and Jimmeez will not be evident for the game.

Cheers.

John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:33 pm 
Top of the pops

Boogs, I read today that Wise was given the job 3 days before KK. The position that Wise had been given was fully explained to KK and when KK sked if they had identified anyone for the job he was told No.
I still think Fat Cashley will sell and the Toon will come good. That's why it is important from a Toon perspective to make Cashley feel as uncomfortable as they can.
The alternative is Zola with his bezzy mate Wise pulling the strings.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 pm 
Sorry Gary, but if you read my post, I did talk about KK in the last paragraph :D :D

As for what you've read, in one statement by Ashley he stated that Keegan would have the final say on players in & out, then he contridict that by saying he'd report to the Director of Football, so who's telling thr truth :shock:

Personally I don't think Keegan would have signed on if he knew he'd be reporting to someone who's been a manager (in the looses terms) as long as Wise had, after all, he's not really an experienced manager is he :roll: :roll:

I just hope he sells up now & according to the Sunday Supplement today, something will be sorted in the next 72 hours & Ashley will sell to this Indian Tycoon for 235mil :o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Yeah you might be right and I hope you are not right. Thought you might find some of the above interesting.
From a Mackem point of view the best thing that could happen is for Cashley to appoint Wise as manager.
That's not likely but he has made it clear if you believe the press he doesn't want to sell he just wants an investor
hence he missed out on the Man City sheiks.
The club stands him at £210M doesn't it ?
I really hope that Indian lot don't do business !
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
£134m for Club, £80m debts so £214m he paid, so if offered anything over that, he may well take it & then if it is the Anil Ambani, who's worth £21 billion buys the TOON, then they'll install KK as manager again :D :D

We'd still be now where as rich as Citey as there owners are worth £550 billion, that's more than most countries are worth, so no other club would be able to compete with them :shock: :shock:

But this is all still speculation & crap-loid information but as a Toon fan, I do hope its true this time :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 am 
Web-Site Admin

discopants wrote:
It's been said that KK knew from the off that he would not be signing any players and that DW would be. It is said that it was explained to KK that it was not gonna be like Chelsea with loads of money but more like Arsenal and KK'sand DW's brief was to find the best young European talent and bring them to the North East like Arsenal did with Fabregas etc.
It's been said that after an outburst from KK about the transfer policy he was summonsed to that meet in May and told again what the club was aiming to achieve re transfers and young players. He is said to have stated he understood what they were saying.
Not long after he is said to have been quoted as saying he wanted to sign Lampard, Beckham and Henry !
Basically, it is being suggested he'd lost the plot completely. He'd been told that the club's transfer kitty for the new season was just £12m but chose to ignore this.

What we're seeing now is the start of a media-let campaign to try and discredit KK - they're basically chucking loads of mud around and hoping some of it sticks. Most of this has already been repudiated by KK, cleverly using quotes from Ashley and Wise to back up his position

Unfortunately they've badly misjudged the mood of the Geordie public - we have a relationship with KK built up over 3 decades and trust him implicitly, so they've no chance of tarnishing his reputation and are making themselves look petty and desperate in their attempts to do so.

Fortunately, the likes of Shearer and Sir Bobby Robson have also spoken out in support of KK, which only serves to further strengthen his position.

Embarrassed for those running the club at the moment - some of the statements they've been putting out are unbelievably amateurish - fully expecting something along the lines of "yeah, but Keegan smells" next....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:09 pm 
Regular

It seems the sackings at Newcastle continue. I understand Terry McDermott and the other first team coach (sandler?) were sacked this morning. Now only Chris Houghton (who was brought in by Denis Wise and Jimminez) remains at the club.

If the Indian magnate doesn't hurry up there will be no one left at the club when he takes over.

John

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:30 pm 
BOOGALOO509 wrote:
...If the Indian magnate doesn't hurry up there will be no one left at the club when he takes over.

John

Maybe that's the plan :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 am 
Web-Site Admin

One year on, Keegan totally vindicated:

Quote:
Keegan wins £2m Newcastle damages

Former Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has been awarded £2m damages plus interest after winning his case against the club for constructive dismissal.

The panel agreed that in signing Uruguayan midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez, against Keegan's wishes, the club were in breach of a term in his contract.

Sadly the fat cockney basket is still insitu - expect fan efforts to oust the despicable parasite to step up another notch from today...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Shame that Keegone wasn't awarded more !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:50 am 
Web-Site Admin

Been awarded full costs as well:

Quote:
The Club should pay Mr Keegan’s costs on an indemnity basis given the manner in which it conducted this litigation: its defence on the primary liability issue was, in our view, wholly without merit and it chose to make entirely unfounded allegations against Mr Keegan.

What a bunch of complete jokers we have in charge.

Can the FA not apply their "fit and proper person" test retrospectively??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:15 pm 
Top of the pops

I think Mike Ashley is great. The best thing that has happened to Newcastle United.
Gary :clap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 pm 
Top of the pops

I see NUFC are still paying Wise 20k a week.
Only at Sid James' Park
What a Carry On!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body