Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:24 pm 
Forum Admin

taken from the beeb

The club's plans for a new 10,000-seat main stand, including a hotel and flats, have been submitted.

"It would be very strange not to get the planning permission," said Pedro Lopez, Hearts deputy chief executive.

"I think everyone here wants this to happen and everyone wants this club to stay at Tynecastle."

full story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:50 pm 
Having worked in that area of Edinburgh for 3 years & walked past the ground thousands of times, I can honestly say that stadium is going to stand out like a very big, sore red thumb in that area :roll:

As it as the old chemicals works just across the road, very old terrace houses along one side of it, the main road & railway tracks along the other side, oh & don't forget the green bowling at one end too :lol:

Plus its only about 200 yards from Scotlands very own Rugby Stadium 'Murryfield'... hope you like the picture :wink:

Post subject: hearts new ground
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:09 pm 
Forum Admin

It was a brewrey behind, we have bought that.
we have also bought the school, but we had to build them a new one.. vladamir romanov (owner of hearts) is the scottish abramovich :wink:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:56 pm 
Not quite mate, he's not even a billionaire by American standards, never mind British :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil, would suggest that Mr Romanov is certainly talking a good game, but has yet to delever in any way! Time will tell. The great ranks of Jambos have changed their tune regarding this man and he has not put any personal wealth into the club as yet. He has issued loans, shares etc etc and the club still has massive debts. I think for everyones sake a lot more clarity is needed as nobody wants to see them sold down the river (even me).

However your estimate of 200 yards is estate agent 200 yards as I estimate a lot further, especially if you have to walk the labyrinth of minor routes to get between them.

Now THIS is 200 yards:
Image[/img]

Live your dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:30 pm 
What tiny stadiums you have :lol:

This is what you call a stadium:

Hold 52,300 with the option to extend the capacity up to 65,000 if/when required :!:
At present there are only 3 Football Stadiums in the UK bigger, they are Old Trafford, Emirates & Celtic Park, thats not including the National Stadiums of course :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Size is not always important!!

The lack of sunlight getting into the place is clearly why so many regulars seek the sunshine of Paphos.

Live your dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:10 pm 
:lol: good reply Tanny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm 
Top of the pops

That's not a stadium, it's a lop sided carbunkle.
Okay I'll concede, it's half a stadium.
Dundee's situation is pretty u nique but both grounds are pretty poor, would they not consider building a decent stadium and ground sharing ?
Stadium Of Light, now you're talking :wink:
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Discopants, Stadium of Light, mmmmmmm only ever been past on the train but looks too close to the river. Maybe an opportunity to be sold down it by the primadonnas.

As for two stadiums in Dundee, There is a possibility, however funding in Scotland is not as free from the footie trust, lottery, scottish sports etc.

These people like to fund projects where there will never be a financial profit or equilibrium. If you are disabled, disadvantaged, cannot walk, talk or write, if you have mental problems, nervous dispositions or spontaneous tics, if you have open sores which will not heal and have no idea of the species which spawned you, if you cry when solvency is too big a word to understand or sulk at the withdrawal of a Giro, or are in the country illegally, then you have a chance of funding support from public bodies.

Mind you, given the above list I think Dundee FC will qualify for a brand new stadium for next season.........

As for Unted us Arabs will happily continue in the current wind trap.

Live your dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Well Tanny you had me confused for a minute there cos I thought you were describing a typical member of the toon army :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:17 am 
Forum Admin

discopants wrote:
Well Tanny you had me confused for a minute there cos I thought you were describing a typical member of the toon army :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OUCH !!

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body