It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 12:54 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:15 pm 
And they say we're in a mess :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -20379406/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Sky were saying yesterday that Benitez wants Parry out as Benitez can't communicate with Parry and he is unimpressed with Parry's dealings with prospective players.
Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:33 pm 
Sooner or later its going to get to the players & then when they start to mess up, especially if Parry & Benitez both leave :roll: :roll:

I don't understand what went wrong, I thought Gillet & Hicks were best buddis in the States :? :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:12 am 
Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From BBC Sport (taken from his post match interview)

Rafael Benitez is seeking urgent talks with Liverpool's board of directors following new revelations about the club's approach for Jurgen Klinsmann.

Tom Hicks claims fellow co-owner George Gillett and chief executive Rick Parry also interviewed Klinsmann last year about succeeding Benitez as manager.

It was originally thought only Hicks talked with the former Germany coach.

"I will talk with the board about this as soon as possible," said Benitez. "I am really calm - but I want answers."

Benitez, speaking after his side had beaten Blackburn 3-1 on Sunday to improve their chances of claiming fourth spot in the Premier League, added: "I am surprised at things I have read.

"I want to clarify the situation, not just about the meeting but the people who were in that meeting.

"I will ask some questions; I will talk about things with them. That means as soon as possible - days, maybe hours."

Benitez's future was the source of constant speculation prior to Christmas as the Reds struggled in the league.

Since then, his position has improved after steering the club to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Instead, the focus has been on the internal wrangling between Hicks and Gillett, which took a fresh twist on Thursday when Hicks demanded the resignation of Parry.

Benitez insists off-field problems are not proving too distracting.

"It is not affecting the players," said the Spaniard. "They are winning and they know we must finish in the top four and progress in the Champions League. We must stay focused on football."

Excellent. No longer do we have to wait 2 days for the gloss to be taken off a Liverpool victory. Now it's approximately 20 minutes.

Let's see what's next hey???

The best mind-altering drug is truth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 am 
Top of the pops

I think Benitez should let them get on with it and concentrate on the team. He doesn't need the hassle of what's going on at boardroom level. I think it might get a bit messy there.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:08 pm 
I think if he gets into a debacle with them, then he'll be looking for another job come the summer :shock:

No one is safe, not even the 'Special One' :roll:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body