Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am 

For those of you who are rugby fans and devotees of real ale, just to let you know that the Anesi restaurant on the main Agios Georgios Road in Pegeia is showing all the matches of British Lions Tour to Australia 2013 on a 42 HD flat screen TV..

In addition, starting on the day of the first test match on Saturday 22nd of June the restaurant will have available the new Aphrodite Rock micro brewery real ale that everyone is talking about.

Prior to the match starting there will be the chance for you to taste the ales before buying.

The restaurant has an area dedicated to comfortably sitting and watching the match, please join us and support the British and Irish Lions and of course enjoy a beer or two in an enjoyable friendly rugby club atmosphere.

Is you need any more details just let me know.

Just to say this is not an advert for the restaurant, as a group of rugby fans we use this venue on a regular basis to watch all our rugby, we have also prompted the real ale being available so please feel free to join us.

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:54 am 
Rock Star

Too far out of Pegeia to risk drink driving.

Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:25 pm 

emgeeb wrote:
Too far out of Pegeia to risk drink driving.

Alan

SO are you saying you are happy to drink drive within the Peyia boundries?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm 

Very Commendable Alan,

No further than when you used to go to Zenta bar : on the last lions tour though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends I suppose on how much you want to watch the rugby and drink real ale.

:there

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 pm 

I would just like to say a big thank you to PP sports forum for accepting the original message I posted for what it was, a genuine rugby fan trying to get other fans to join together to watch the Lions tour.

According to another forum I obviously had other motives and as a result had an uncalled for remark added to my post by the moderator and when I complained got the post deleted completely and told not to send another message because they had better things to do

Thankfully PP obviously have moderators who take their job seriously and do it correctly

If there are any rugby fans who want to get together with a ever growing group of rugby supporters of all nationalities to watch future rugby matches in the Pegeia area just PM me and I will keep you informed of all the big matches that we go to watch

Once again thank you PP

Regards

Andy :wales

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm 
Forum Admin

ajv wrote:
I would just like to say a big thank you to PP sports forum for accepting the original message I posted for what it was, a genuine rugby fan trying to get other fans to join together to watch the Lions tour.

According to another forum I obviously had other motives and as a result had an uncalled for remark added to my post by the moderator and when I complained got the post deleted completely and told not to send another message because they had better things to do

Thankfully PP obviously have moderators who take their job seriously and do it correctly

If there are any rugby fans who want to get together with a ever growing group of rugby supporters of all nationalities to watch future rugby matches in the Pegeia area just PM me and I will keep you informed of all the big matches that we go to watch

Once again thank you PP

Regards

Dam ! If I had known you were a taff, I would have banned you long ago .
:sweaties
:lol:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:36 pm 
Rock Star

ajv

Did you actually see me drive home?

Its much further than Coral Bay and the fuzz do road checks opposite the Garage.

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:05 pm 

Oh no I have let my secret out now Neil, :goodpost go easy on me please I am in a delicate state after the treatment dished out to me by the forum that shall not be named!!!! I am a nice guy really, honest.

Alan, :booboo it was a slight attempt at humour, wasn't meant to offend. I sat next to you on several occasions four years ago in Zenta with Terry and Ray and I know full well you did not drink and drive. As ex fuzz myself I am in total agreement with you.

Hope you are managing to watch the games somewhere though

Andy

:wales

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 am 

What a great result for the Lions on Saturday, it was brilliant to watch it with around 70 other people. The atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. Thank you to all PP members who came and made it a great afternoon and for some of us, a good evening and night.

Many people who attended asked if we would be continuing it on for other rugby events so to that end we are starting a small rugby club to be based at the venue we used for the Lions tour. If you want to receive emails informing you of which games we will be watching please keep an eye on the page I will hopefully be posting an email address within the next couple of days which I will use to inform everyone of future televised games.

No fees, charges or subscription involved just information passed to you and a chance to join together to enjoy the rugby in a great atmosphere.

Cheers

Andy :wales :uk :sweaties (Sorry could not find one for Ireland)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:16 am 
Rock Star

Andy (Sorry could not find one for Ireland)
I see you couldn't find one for England either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 pm 
Top of the pops

flags put aside! as there aren't any others in the smilies :sunny
it was an amazing game and an amazing win
Gatlin definitely got his pick of the team bang on
the scrum was imense
and Leigh Halfpenny deserved man of the series
he is awesome to watch
brilliant time for rugby as a whole
these young men are great ambasadors for our youth
bring on the 6 nations !
maggie and edd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm 

zorbathejock : I see you couldn't find one for England either.

No thought I may get away with the union jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was the best I could do.

Well said Maggie and Edd. :goodpost

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:07 pm 

Anyone wishing to join Anesi Rugby Club Pegeia ( Watching only no one has to play!!!!)

If you want to be kept up to date with what we will be watching at our new rugby club!!!!! please email me on
[email protected] and I will add you to our emailing list for all future games.

As said in previous post, no fees to join just a social gathering to watch the fine mild art form that is rugby.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:16 pm 
Forum Admin

We have just had a 50" plasma screen fiited outside , above the bar in the beer garden , its being
connected to the sound system as we speak , so we should also be able to start advertsing sporting and other events soon , for people more close to chloraka , emba and upper oldtown paphos ..
:greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 am 

Thanks for sharing your views.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body