Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sunderland v Newcastle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:07 am 
Massive massive game for second game of the season, early kick off though will attract a huge viewing, the youngsters will have to stand up and be men ( not like last season at St Jimmies ) do not want Richardson in team hes a liability , ok maybe one game a year he performs , hope O Shea is fit if he is we now have a great back four Brown outstanding last week Bruce will have a tough time picking squad. :greetings

Eric

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am 
Web-Site Admin

Very brave of you to venture into the SportsDirect@Vrisi arena but good to put a face to the name :congrats

Thought it was a good close and competitive game - could've gone either way but very pleased with the 3 points! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 pm 
Top of the pops

I was there and have to say we should have had it stitched up by half time. The Geordie fans were bricking it and there wasn't a peep out of them in that first half.
In fact, geordie confidence seemed low and having watched the game I can see why. They didn't look like scoring from open play. The penalty incident should not have mattered as Ameoba used his arm to knock it onto Barton's head in the first place.
Second half was a different kettle of fish as the goerdies changed their shape and Bruce did not react( again).
6 of us at the game together and all said Ryan Taylor would score from the free kick as our goalie was all over the place, didn't know which post to cover, should have had a man on the post.
Richardson was fouled in the penalty area and nowt was given and Cabaye's tackle on Bardsley was every bit as bad on Bardsley's on Collocini, yet Cabaye stayed on the pitch( first half).
Martin, you now have bragging rights till flippin March but anyone there could see who was the better team and it was us.
Collocini impressed for the geordies mind.
I am confident that we will finish the higher this season for the fourth time in a row.
Gary.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:54 pm 
Star

Agree with most of what you say DP i watched from the Nags Head having Keo and ribs.You should have stitched us up.But did not as you are not the better team.You have good players some better than ours but not in two key areas Finishers and keeper.FRom what I see so far I will
stick by my guns and say you lot are not playing as a team and need to get rid of Bruce.
:greetings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:25 am 
Top of the pops

Paul, you may be right.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
Ditto Captain was as you said nice to put a face to the name, as you could see i knew most of the Mags in the Virisi so i knew it was safe to go in and have some good clean banter, I enjoyed the game i will never get into the conversation as who was the best team as it always ends up stale mate, no one will admit YOU WERE THE BETTER SIDE it always follows up with UNTIL, am i right, of course i was gutted that we lost, of course you lot were over the moon, but come on its a derby you always win ( most of the time ) but hey you will be absolutely devestated if like last season you were above us by one point and you let another late goal on last game of the season , now thats when i would of been mega gutted. :greetings

Eric :clap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Eric, were you aware that we have lost 9 of our last 11 home games ?
Scary mate.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:51 pm 
Hi Gary i wasn't so much for the Fortress of Light , but mate you look at the players we have and you must feel confident we should do well, im not sure of the youngsters i feel you need men in the Prem seasoned players that's why Brown and Oshea at the back will do for me , Richardson is doing nothing for me and Gyan just doesn't look happy playing at all , im going to let Bruce have time to get the right team together then i think we will see some proper football and goals ,KEEP THE FAITH, mate

Eric :greetings

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:54 am 
Top of the pops

I will keep the faith, but there's hell on on the SMB.
They want rid of Bruce.
Time will tell.
Gary.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 pm 
Mate even more after last nights defeat , seen it ,their after his blood mind you you cant blame them, and it dont help him being a Geordie whats your view, i think wel get jack doodoo Saturday at the Swans i think his days are numbered if we dont get 4 results !!! :greetings

Eric

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm 
Top of the pops

The fact that he is a supoosed Geordie doesn't bother me one jot. When he was appointed I was hardly impressed.
He seems to be able to spot a decent buy then doesn't know what to do with them. Who can forget the winless runs in the past two seasons where he appeared to be clueless as to how to end them ?
On Satda we were all over the Mags in the first half so Pardew did something about it, he changed their formation and Bruce didn't react.... he never does.
His decisions are baffling and he looks to me like he doesn't want to be there.
When it comes to these matters I am a bit like Que Sera, cos I can't have any bearing on them.
Do I feel he should go.......yes.
Do I think he will go......... no.
If we lose at Swansea, Chelsea at home is next. If we are sat at the bottom of the league in a few weeks time maybe Ellis Short will say enough is enough but how much will it cost to sack him and can we afford it ?
Being a Sunderland fan is never dull is it ?
KTF,
Gary.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 pm 
Gary your right mate its tough being a Sunderland supporter at times your right its never dull, but hey whats new, il be behind the lads ( hope its on live here should be ) and maybe il have something to smile about come full time. KTF.

Eric

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body