Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:35 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:20 am 
Top of the pops

F1 2011 season 'kick's off' this weekend in Oz, Don't forget you can watch Friday and Sat morn practice on BBC Sky 'Red Button' + Sat Qualy and the Sunday race Race starts Sunday morning (Cyprus time 9.00am) but Prog will be 'on air' an hour before that in prep for the race

F1 lap times available on 'puter :- http://www.formula1.com/default.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:10 pm 
Rock Star

I'll be watching and hoping this year produces some good, competitive racing. Hopefully McLaren will get it together to avoid a Red Bull procession season.

I was reading about the possibility of flooding tracks with water to "improve" racing. This smacks of American style create-a-situation entertainment. Not for F1 in my opinion, there's always wet racing once or twice a year anyway. What do you think?

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Yep, From the 'practice' they did in Spain don't know if any were 'sandbagging'

The first race should give us a bit of an idea where the cars are relative to fuel weight, new Pirelli tyres (Colour coded) plus Kers is back and a movable rear wing which has restrictions in the race to where on the track it can be used, so think we will see more pit stops and strategy this year.

It was 'Bernie' who suggested the 'spray water' but I don't think that idea will be implemented, but must admit it 'spices' up when it rains naturally.

Hope McClaren has the pace to keep with the front runners and reliability.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 pm 
Idol

I to am looking forward to start of new season, unfortunately I will miss live transmission as will be at Duckpond all morning.

To everyone visiting or working there - PLEASE DO NOT INFORM ME OF RESULT as I am looking forward to re-run at 1500.

However, I would like to see all teams being supplied with standard front and rear wings, as I believe it wouuld close aerodynamic performance gains (alla Red Bull last year) and increase braking distances thereby increasing overtaking.

I would also prefer red flag when first lap carneage occurs, allowing teams to put spare car on track, getting as many cars a possible racing. Far more interesting than watching a prossesion of cars for 15 mins or so, which to me, does nothing for the spectator.

That's my two pennath anyway. :D

Mike

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm 
Top of the pops

parydise wrote:
I to am looking forward to start of new season, unfortunately I will miss live transmission as will be at Duckpond all morning.

To everyone visiting or working there - PLEASE DO NOT INFORM ME OF RESULT as I am looking forward to re-run at 1500.

However, I would like to see all teams being supplied with standard front and rear wings, as I believe it wouuld close aerodynamic performance gains (alla Red Bull last year) and increase braking distances thereby increasing overtaking.

I would also prefer red flag when first lap carneage occurs, allowing teams to put spare car on track, getting as many cars a possible racing. Far more interesting than watching a prossesion of cars for 15 mins or so, which to me, does nothing for the spectator.

That's my two pennath anyway. :D

Mike

Hi Mike, Another year (2011) with no spare car available, but here are the 2011 regulations :-
http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules ... ions/8692/
Don' tell Mike Result at Sunday Morning 'Duck Pond !!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Used to watch but over the yrs the excitement has gone out of it for me-not the nail biting races they were thats just my opinion. Marj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Trollydolly wrote:
Used to watch but over the yrs the excitement has gone out of it for me-not the nail biting races they were thats just my opinion. Marj

Hi Marj, Yep it can get a bit 'boring' when it's processional, but that's due to them all being much of a 'muchness' these days with the aerodynamics, Looking forward to seeing how much the new, this year, 'driver operated moveable rear wing' and the re introduced 'Kers' button will spice up the overtaking.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body