Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:29 am

Watch Live Sport-channels Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Television Replays!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:27 am 
When are they going to bring in a system whereby the ref can look at situations he's unable to see properly, thus getting the right result, whether it be goal line clearences or penalty calls :?

After yesterday debacle at the TOON, especially when the ref is completely blind to the actions which could decide whether a team is relegated or not due to giving a penalty when it was completely clear on a TV replay that it was in deed a fantastic clearance & not a foul, which didn't help when the player who gets the penalty is lying on the floor with one eye wide open pretending to be in pain but seconds later is fit enough to dance on the penalty spot before scoring :roll: what a complete sweetie :shock:

Robinho didn't get a sniff of goal yesterday apart from the dive in the box & it didn't help when the assistant ref didn't say anything either way, we were robbed again :roll:

Just my opinion you understand :D

Post subject: Re: Television Replays!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 am 
Rock Star

Wouldn't it just be easier to relieve Rob(bing barsteward) Styles of is duties?

That would remove a lot of controversy from the game :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Much as we were robbed last night, I still don't think I agree with stopping the game for replays. Apart from anything else, you often get situations where even after several replays you can't get a clear verdict - what happens then?

Dodgy decisions are just part and parcel of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:51 pm 
Top of the pops

what goes around comes around and lets hope you get some luck to make up for it !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm 
Regular

sorry i thought his trailing leg took the player down, i know he got the ball with his front leg but he still fouled him with the other one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:46 pm 
I think you'll find he took the ball first before colliding with the player, making it a decent tackle, not a foul :roll:

If taking a player down after the ball has been taken is a foul, then every tackle would be a foul :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm 
Regular

so that means that pogatetz tackle against possebon was perfectly fair then
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uoyF0quyF0M

any tackle where a trailing leg hits the other player is a foul, as the other leg fouls the player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:15 am 
Web-Site Admin

If you get the ball first then it's a clean challenge, as long as it isn't from behind. I see refs advisor Dermot Gallagher has today admitted it wasn't a foul, which hopefully increases the chances of getting it overturned.

You can see from this image the ball has been won and the forward has yet to be touched - brilliant timing.

The Pogatetz challenge is totally different, he goes 90 mph head on and studs up onto the blokes shin - Beye's tackle was a perfectly timed slide from side on, winning the ball before the attacker tripped over his outsretched leg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:31 pm 
Regular

Captain Fantastic wrote:
If you get the ball first then it's a clean challenge, as long as it isn't from behind. I see refs advisor Dermot Gallagher has today admitted it wasn't a foul, which hopefully increases the chances of getting it overturned.

You can see from this image the ball has been won and the forward has yet to be touched - brilliant timing.

The Pogatetz challenge is totally different, he goes 90 mph head on and studs up onto the blokes shin - Beye's tackle was a perfectly timed slide from side on, winning the ball before the attacker tripped over his outsretched leg.

pogatetz tackle was from the front, he got the ball first so by your reckoning it is perfectly fair (i know it was a clumsy tackle and deserved a red, i am using your description of a fair tackle to point out that you are mistaken on this), also regarding the beye tackle, it was from behind and there was contact after the ball was touched (so again by your own argument it was a foul)

please make your mind up and have some consistancy (also i think it was a harsh decision against beye)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 pm 
Actually the tackle was from the rear side & he took the ball first with his right foot, not the left which he would have had to swing at to get the ball, so it was perfectly taken & the forward motion took out the diving git, sorry other player who hadn't had a chance against us until then & nothing afterward either :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 pm 
Regular

Pete wrote:
Actually the tackle was from the rear side & he took the ball first with his right foot, not the left which he would have had to swing at to get the ball, so it was perfectly taken & the forward motion took out the diving git, sorry other player who hadn't had a chance against us until then & nothing afterward either :roll:

so it was from the rear then

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:21 pm 
Nope, rear side, that's not completely behind, more off to one side, say the 2 o'clock angle :wink: :lol:

Because if he'd been at the rear of the diving git, he would have gone right through him & as he didn't, he couldn't have been at the rear could he :? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 pm 
Regular

Pete wrote:
Nope, rear side, that's not completely behind, more off to one side, say the 2 o'clock angle :wink: :lol:

Because if he'd been at the rear of the diving git, he would have gone right through him & as he didn't, he couldn't have been at the rear could he :? :lol:

now i thought 2 o clock is in front of you, well a bearing of 060 degrees anyway (i hope you were not a fighter pilot as you would be looking the wrong way in a dogfight :D )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:41 am 
Ok mate if you want to be pedantic, he came from the 8 o'clock direction but you knew what I meant :roll:

As for being a pilot, nope I wasn't as I'm colour blind, so unable to distinguise the different colours of flares sent up for pilots taxing/taking off from a military airfield but I've been in a quite a few different military aircraft for one rason or another :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:30 pm 
Regular

Pete wrote:
Ok mate if you want to be pedantic, he came from the 8 o'clock direction but you knew what I meant :roll:

As for being a pilot, nope I wasn't as I'm colour blind, so unable to distinguise the different colours of flares sent up for pilots taxing/taking off from a military airfield but I've been in a quite a few different military aircraft for one rason or another :D :D

yes that he came from behind :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:35 pm 
What ever :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Red card overturned! :celeb2

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1429827,00.html

Guess smurf and Styles were in a minority of 2! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 pm 
Web-Site Admin

Forgot to mention, even celebrity smoggie Jeff Winter was on our side for this one:

http://www.jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia.co.uk/loi/0809011.html

Still doesn't make up for him cancelling that game because of the "snow" when you had all those injuries a few years back!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm 
Captain Fantastic wrote:
Red card overturned! :celeb2

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1429827,00.html

Guess smurf and Styles were in a minority of 2! :wink:

you beat me too it, I was just about to add this link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1847203.ece

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 pm 
Regular

Captain Fantastic wrote:
Forgot to mention, even celebrity smoggie Jeff Winter was on our side for this one:

http://www.jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia.co.uk/loi/0809011.html

Still doesn't make up for him cancelling that game because of the "snow" when you had all those injuries a few years back!

hey you know nowt, it was the police who called that game offnot the ref, the ref has no juristiction over the approaches to a ground ffs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:41 am 
Sorry Simon mate but the ref can also call off matches if the weather is too bad :shock: look at all the matches that have been called off due to too much rain, the police have nothing to do with that do they :o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:26 am 
Regular

Pete wrote:
Sorry Simon mate but the ref can also call off matches if the weather is too bad :shock: look at all the matches that have been called off due to too much rain, the police have nothing to do with that do they :o

:smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol :smilielol

oh dear pete, that would be because the pitch is unplayable not the approaches to the ground, you have really cheered me up with that comment thanks :D

right am off to troodos now with 18 kids for the weekend, have a good un

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:22 pm 
smurf wrote:
.. oh dear pete, that would be because the pitch is unplayable

So what you're saying is even though the roads to your stadium were impassable, you playing surface was ok to play on, I don't think so mate, its just an excuse because you knew we'd thump you, so get the game called off for a little snow & ice :roll: :lol:

Have fun, I've heard its tipping it down up there, well it was yesterday when my missus went :smilielol

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body