Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We've been to Chlock Inn
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:27 am 
Idol

Owen and I went to the Chlock Inn, Chlorakas last night and it was superb. We had the indian meze, popadums & pickles, onion bhajii, chicken tikka, shish kebab, bombay potato, chick pea thingy (forgotten its name), choice of main course and we had the chicken tikka masala & lamb jalfreizi (your choice if you want mild, medium or hot), rice and bread, ice cream & cypriot sweet apples. The portions first appeared a little small (I always did have eyes bigger than my belly!!) but by the end of eating all those courses we were certainly more than satisfied. All that and 3 large beers = €37.70 which I rate as very good.

The service was excellent and Brian and Ann are brilliant hosts, very hard working and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant itself is very cosy and welcoming and needless to say we shall be returning to try the a la carte menu (I don't recall seeing anything over €10) which looks very tempting and good in price. If you go for the indian meze you need to book 24hrs in advance as Brian has to marinate some of the dishes.

So, that is my opinion and I'm now scanning my diary for when we can go back and taste the Jocks Chicken which is described as chicken breast stuffed with haggis, or the huge pork chop which is so big it takes half an hour to cook, or the succulent steak, or the salmon, or the thai thingy ....hhhmmmmmm!!

Oh, also for all you Scots or anyone else interested apparently they do an excellent Burns Night. Maybe we could have an impromptu PP get together here one night as Brian and Ann are really good fun. Not sure how many it would hold though.

Kaz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Karen - I went in February before my friends moved back to the UK, and we had from the "specials" menu, and it was excellent - I think it was about €13.95 a head for 3 courses, and was super value.

I am certainly up for another visit . . . . . .

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:49 pm 
Idol

JeannieMou

Did you know your are famous at Chlock Inn? Your review in Feb is on the outside board complete with your lovely piccie! I felt like a groupie and just had to drop it into the conversation 'Oh yes, I know Jean y'know, we go back a while' :greetings

Kaz x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Oh, wow, I didn't know - moi, famous? :oops: :oops: :lol:

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body