Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:24 am 
Master

Oulas cafe diner - Griva Digeni, Chloraka
Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday 11.30 am - 9.30 pm and Sunday 12.00 - 7.00pm
Tel: 99 616 908 (booking recommended in the evening)

Wide choice of menu, snacks and lunch time specials available, coffee and cake or even just a drink. Enjoyed our food in pleasant surroundings with attentive service and background music. A lovely place to meet for a formal meal or just a snack with friends.

A brief summary: all starters €3.95, salads, fish, favourites (eg bangers & mash, ribs, chicken dishes, liver & bacon), gourmet burgers, grilled (steaks, pork chop, surf and turf), pastas and desserts. That's just the main menu! There is also a snack menu, lunch time specials and 'cake and coffee' and we just popped in and had a drink earlier in the day.

Very happy with our choices: garlic mushrooms, halloumi, followed by lemon & oregano chicken and steak & ale pie and just room for dessert of banana split and apple pie & custard.

Location: up the steep hill from the coast road (St George's Hotel / Angelika restaurant traffic lights) on the left side just past Silks Bar. Parking available if you turn left at the cross roads. Some of you may remember it as Ramsdens fish & chippy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 pm 
Top of the pops

It's where Le Petit Bistro once was and more recently Ramsdens was - next door to Silks Bar!

Honestly so many snack bars/cafes have opened up on the main road through Chlorakas village now I can't see how they will all succeed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:22 pm 
Top of the pops

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
It's where Le Petit Bistro once was and more recently Ramsdens was - next door to Silks Bar!

Honestly so many snack bars/cafes have opened up on the main road through Chlorakas village now I can't see how they will all succeed.

That has always seemed to be problem on that road. I have never understood how someone can look at a closed restaurant that only lasted a matter of months and where the previous couple of restaurants in the same location also only lasted a few months, and think "I know, that's the perfect place to open a restaurant"!

I wish them luck - very eloquently written review - almost like a magazine ad!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:36 pm 
Top of the pops

Similar position to the Village Inn in Kissonerga, apart from years & years ago when it was Pithary nothing's really lasted in that location! Up until recently rumours were abound it was reopening imminently and indeed I did see action pointing to that fact but it's all gone very quiet again!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:40 pm 
Master

''I wish them luck - very eloquently written review - almost like a magazine ad!''

Just to confirm I have no vested interest in this establishment and just wanted to let people know that it is open.

Yes, we have watched people come and go at various restaurants up and down this road, hopefully the parking issue has now been resolved as that is always an important factor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Wow what lovey people running the restaurant/Cafe. Owned by a husband and wife team. I have had a coffee there this morning and like the look of the menu.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:43 pm 
Top of the pops

[Yes, we have watched people come and go at various restaurants up and down this road, hopefully the parking issue has now been resolved as that is always an important factor.[/quote]

Just out of interest how have they resolved the parking issue? Surely it will still be on the road outside unless they've created a car park somewhere!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:45 pm 
Master

To find the car park, if you are driving up the hill take the left turn at the crossroads just past Oulas and drive about 50 metres and you will see a sign indicating where you can park off road.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:54 pm 
Top of the pops

Interesting... thanks I thought it was all houses round there!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:37 am 
Idol

DollyDaydream1 wrote:
Similar position to the Village Inn in Kissonerga, apart from years & years ago when it was Pithary nothing's really lasted in that location!

....... except Tweedies just a few steps away! Still the best restaurant in Paphos.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:42 am 
Regular

One of these days I am going to make the effort to go out to Tweedies AR. It better be worth it! :evil: ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 am 

Librarycat wrote:
One of these days I am going to make the effort to go out to Tweedies AR. It better be worth it! :evil: ;)

Please do make the effort, IT IS worth it. Every meal we have had here has been exceptional :celebrate

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 am 
Idol

M.A.D wrote:
Librarycat wrote:

Please do make the effort, IT IS worth it. Every meal we have had here has been exceptional :celebrate

So good you usually have to book first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:40 am 

Fully agree, booking essential. Here are their opening times for 2016 http://www.tweedies.com/

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:44 am 
Master

This topic is about Oulas in Chloraka!

Why don't you start a separate one for Tweedies in Kissonerga?

Talk about going off topic!

............................... and I am waiting for a comment for someone who has actually been to Oulas..................

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:04 am 
Top of the pops

Well I went to the OULAS restaurant last night for a light meal. Hmm the menu is very tempting. However I had a miniature bottle of wine and had Ham, eggs and chips. What surprised me was the amount of thick juicy ham, more like two gammon steaks. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm 

Navwoman wrote:

............................... and I am waiting for a comment for someone who has actually been to Oulas..................

OK, cancel everything you have read about Tweedies, you would hate it :grin:

You seemed to enjoy Oulas ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:05 pm 
Forum Admin

Navwoman wrote:

think yourself lucky I have let this blatent advert stay up .. :roll:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 am 
Regular

Sorry Navwoman I was about to apologise for being instrumental to the thread going off topic and promising to also try Oulas but after your demanding ............................... and I am waiting for a comment for someone who has actually been to Oulas.................. you can forget it.

Thanks OT and MAD for your advice. I'm out for almost 3 weeks in approx. 10 days time, can't wait :sunny it's the longest I have been for a while, it's usually a max of 10 days. Consequently, I will no doubt be back for directions as will be using either taxi or public transport. OT am I right in thinking you recommended Tweedies for vegans? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 am 
Idol

Librarycat wrote:
OT am I right in thinking you recommended Tweedies for vegans? Thanks

I know they always seem to have a proper vegetarian alternative, but vegan I'm not sure. I think they are quite capable of catering for that need but you would have to ring them first so they could prepare.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:47 pm 
Regular

Thanks OT. Will do.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body