Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Is there anywhere in Paphos or Cyprus I can get these? For instance Black Beans, Dried Prawns etc.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm 
Top of the pops

have you tried the Chinese Spice shop on the TOTK's rd not far up from the new Mall they are building on the same side as the New Mall set back a bit ???
she has loads of authentic chinese spices and foods in their.. excellent quality as well
maggie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 pm 
Top of the pops

I think you mean Ruposhi Bangla which is more Indian/Bangladeshi. However, worth a look.
Another place is in the very small arcade diagonaly opposite the police station in paphos town (behnd the street cafe). It caters for the Philipina/Sri Lankan community, but again worth a look.

Both have nice people who are very helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 pm 
Top of the pops

not sure if the same shop john
but
the one I meant is the one owned by the lovely Chinese lady
and she has lots of Chinese dried foods and chinese spices in her shop :sunny
as well as a few Indian Spices
Her Basmati Rice by the way......is fabulous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 am 
Top of the pops

Is this the one opposite Ben's Bar on TOKR? If so it was definitely more Indian than Chinese last time I was in there. Don't know of one with a Chinese lady in. Will take a look at the one in town when I am mobile again.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 am 
Top of the pops

hi trish
if you are coming down TOTK's rd and tea for 2 is on your left....go past here through the lights...and this shop is set back in what looks like a layby...next to a nail bar...the lady in there is chinese...she is lovely
they do sell Indian spices...but she had loads of chinese foods in there......jasmin rices..noodles.... soy sauces, 5 spices etc etc
there are definitely chinese foods in there...in fact NOT being a Chinese food lover...there where more Chinese foods in there than the Indian that I love :sunny
maggie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 am 
Junior

migmogs wrote:
hi trish
if you are coming down TOTK's rd and tea for 2 is on your left....go past here through the lights...and this shop is set back in what looks like a layby...next to a nail bar...the lady in there is chinese...she is lovely
they do sell Indian spices...but she had loads of chinese foods in there......jasmin rices..noodles.... soy sauces, 5 spices etc etc
there are definitely chinese foods in there...in fact NOT being a Chinese food lover...there where more Chinese foods in there than the Indian that I love :sunny
maggie

Same place guys. Mostly Sri Lankan/Indian with some Chinese stuff. Deffo worth a look, but they are out of chilli oil at the mo :-(

HTH

Jon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm 
Top of the pops

She is called Agnes, is from Malaysia, and owns the place. Otherwise you might see Bip who is a young lad from Bangladesh. Both good people with lots of advice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks will take another look soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 am 
Top of the pops

No they haven't got them, will keep looking or order on-line if I must.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 am 

Candy, if you ever find black beans let me know. TY

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body