Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm 

OH and I ate there again last night with a couple of our friends, and I'm still not hungry. Mind, missing breakfast and lunch might go some way towards losing the weight I must have put on with that HUGE meze last night :oops: :lol:

We had olives, tsatsiki, taramasalata, lemon halves, pitta, lovely fresh salad with feta and olives, hot olives cooked with garlic, liver (not over-cooked to a horrid crumbly grey lump), lountza, halloumi, village sausage, couscous, pork bacon (belly pork), egg/halloumi/tomato, sieftalia, pork kebab, egg & courgette, mushrooms, huge chips, chicken, deep fried battered marrow flowers. I'm sure I've left something out :lol:

Then, as if we had not already stuffed ourselves, out came the sweet pastry, watermelon and brandies.

Between the 4 of us, we managed to drink a bottle of water, a soda, 2 beers and a carafe of red wine. Total bill only came to €85, which is more per head than we normally spend up in these yer hills, but we were celebrating our friends' recent wedding and giving them a good send-off for their delayed honeymoon!

Friday nights is live music (not too loud) and dancing, meze only. Booking recommended. Other nights, there is a good selection of traditional Cypriot dishes as well as meze. The place is popular with both Cypriots and Brits.

For those of you not familiar with these hill villages, directions are:

From Paphos, go up the Mesoghi avenue towards Polis. At the top of the hill, turn right towards Tsada. Keep on this road, bypassing the Tsada village centre, passing the turnings to Kallepeia, and continue down the hill towards Letymbou. Once in the village of Letymbou, follow the road downhill. At a narrow right hand bend, there is a coffee shop on the left (white plastic chairs sitting at the roadside). As you round the bend, you will see Brooksey's opposite you. The Letymbou Taverna is on your right, with access to a parking area immediately on your right, up a narrow entranceway.

A warm welcome is guaranteed.
Telephone Antonis on 97612500 or his wife Anita on 99945457

Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a previous life.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 am 
Top of the pops

We have been several times on a Friday night - have to say we have mostly enjoyed it, although we have found the sense of humour of the man in charge a bit insulting sometimes, and the last time we went the food was plentiful but not of the same standard as before and we left a bit disappointed......................would we try again? I think the answer is yes, but would need to ask our friends who came with us previously before booking again.

Overall, its worth a shot...................

chris

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body