Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silks Wine bar & bistro
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 am 
Top of the pops

Two of us went to Silks last night and I have to say it was fantastic. For starters we had chicken livers, perfectly cooked with a light sauce, and thai style fish cakes with a salad, both perfect, my fishcake was so tasty and the salad was delicious, with typical Thai flavours. Main courses were for me lamb & mint pie served in a dish topped with perfectly cooked pastry. The filling was plentiful and the gravy was very flavoursome, my partner had sea bass with veg which again was excellent. I had dessert, chocolate mousse topped with cream, now this was a real mousse, full of chocolate, and even though it was served in a small cup, it was plenty as it was so rich. Wine was reasonably priced and service was excellent, with the owner coming over to chat without being intrusive. Total bill was € 46. Highly recommend and will definitely be returning soon! For those who don't know, ti is on St. Georges hill, just down and opposite side to Railway Tavern (used to be Gastronomie)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 pm 
Regular

Alan was sitting at the next table to us last night, and I absolutely endorse everything he has said.

They have modified the menu slightly this year, serving both tapas/starters and main meals, with a couple of delicious desserts, we had the creme broullet tart which was to die for.

Also this year they are open on Saturdays from 12-3 and from 5 until late and Sundays from 12-5. Closed Mondays rest of week 5-late, certainly worth a visit for a meal or a drink in very pleasant surroundings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:43 pm 
Top of the pops

I've really been hoping they would open as last year I was bleating on about how good they were. Can't wait to go up there!

Lesley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 am 
Star

Hi does anyone know if Silks are open on a Sunday please?
Yvonne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm 
Top of the pops

Not sure, however here is their phone number 26271373 They are also on Daily Deals at moment. Hope it's open for you, enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:37 pm 
Star

Thanks for that, only open lunchtime and only normal menu not Sunday lunch!! So will have to go one evening in the week!!
Yvonne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 pm 
Master

We have bought a meal on daily deals so I hope it is as good as everone says it is.
There are still 60 hrs left.
Go for it. :bounce

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:57 pm 
Rock Star

We used our Daily Deal last night and had a lovely evening. The food was some of the best we have had on the Island and out total Bill for 3 courses for the two of us including drinks was €51 take away the €30 and we actually had to pay €21( we had of course already paid the €15 to Daily Deals) It however was excellent value even if we had paid the full price of €51 for what we had.

They are doing a Curry Night next Friday which sounds interesting and I have a menu for Sunday 1st July Lunch which is also interesting and different - 3 courses including a glass of wine for €14.95
Starters: Anti Pasta
Main: Choice of Roast Belly of Pork traditional style with crackling, apple sauce and gravy or Blackened spicy asian style with stir fry veg or pan fried sea bass on hoi sin rice noodles or roasted chicken breast with grilled mediterranean veg and tomato sauce
Choice of Dessert and Glass of House Wine

They are suggesting that people book

They are very friendly and helpful without being in your face - will definitely be returning - this guy really can cook!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:19 pm 
Top of the pops

hi
where is silks.wine bar and resteraunt.as we would like to give them a try from all of you rave reviews
maggie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
Star

Hi Maggie
Coming from Coral Bay turn left at St George traffic lights and follow up the hill and Silks is up on your left just before the Railway!!
Yvonne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Blossom wrote:
Hi Maggie
Coming from Coral Bay turn left at St George traffic lights and follow up the hill and Silks is up on your left just before the Railway!!
Yvonne

cheers yvonne
your a star :sunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 pm 

Deleted

Last edited by DianeC on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm 
Top of the pops

DianeC wrote:
Been following reviews and we managed get there last night, we were'nt disappointed, delicious food and ranks in the top 3 places we have eaten in the 8 years of living here, we had the fishcakes & chicken liver starters followed by lamb & mint pie & cannon of lamb and dare I say it - chocolate mousse for pudding!!
ok its not in the most scenic location but if anyone is avoiding Silk's because of this - then you are definately missing a gem.

Saw you there then! We returned last night and as usual it was excellent! Really would recommend people try this place, the owner is lovely and the food is first rate, and very reasonably priced!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body