Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gustoso
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:18 pm 

Noticed the newly refurbished white and lime green Gustoso recently so gave it a try. Two of us arrived late afternoon on Saturday, they have a car park to the rear so easy access. It was very quiet (only 2 other people there) but the food was absolutely delicious and expertly presented on unusual tableware. We had penne a i'arribiatta and double burger which sounds boring but was homemade, huge with plenty of cheese and bacon plus huge homemade chips. The pasta sauce was just great with plenty of garlic and just the right amount of spicyness. The prices are very reasonable too. The old building has retained his character but been given a modern uplift. Would recommend.
It is on the TOTK road just past KFC on the opposite side of the road, with KFC on your left.
Enjoy - I did!

Post subject: Re: Gustoso
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:58 pm 
Graduate

I enjoyed the food but not the 1.5 hours we had to wait to be served, when there were only a very few people there, the waiter commented that "we keep you waiting so you will drink more" If I had not been there at the invitation of some friends, we would have walked out - not the way to survive in business in this day and age

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Maybe there is truth in what he stated.More money to be made on drinks than food.I like to make a drink last as i usually drive so would not get more out of me also if you drink too much it can dull your appetite.Only my opinion. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:54 pm 
Graduate

Mum and I had lunch there a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately we were not impressed. We had a spaghetti carbonara that was swimming in a custard coloured sauce, and a caesar salad was OK apart from not having caesar dressing. Service was quite slow. A couple of tourists sat down for a drink, but as nobody came out to serve them, they left. Another couple had a pizza between them and I heard him say to the waitress that it was the worst pizza he had ever had.
Hopefully this was just a bad day for them.

Janette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 pm 
Major

We called there yesterday and I had a homemade burger, I struggled to find any meat in it. Bit disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 pm 
Rock Star

Very surprised at some of the negative comments here! We have only been in the evenings other than today for Sunday Lunch and have never seen any male waiters there - every time we have been it has always been girls waiting on and they are all very pleasant. I'm sure if they said about keeping you waiting to make you drink more it was only said in jest. Denny and Tina the owners would be mortified if people thought this was the case. They are a lovely young family working very hard to make a success of this after struggling in very poor conditions at the Golf Club for years.

The Sunday Lunch today was superb. I have had many Sunday buffets over here but this is definitely the best and is better than Mandria Kentroikon(not sure I've got the name right!) Vatouthkia and Kamares who all do good buffets but in my opinion not as good as Gustoso! As much as you can eat for €15 and for dessert amongst many others, there is a chocolate fountain with skewered fresh fruit (strawberries, cherries etc) and marshmallows - really yummy!

Please , if you have any cause at all to be dissatisfied have a quiet word with Tina and Digenis who I am sure will listen to your concerns . They are very concerned that they satisfy their customers and although in the evenings Digenis is often too busy to see everyone, today he came and spoke to every table at the commencement of the buffet and also throughout the afternoon to ensure everything was OK.

Go along next Sunday and try for yourself , I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:06 pm 
Forum Admin

All I can say is , I offered to take the paphos people taverna night to this place,
I went to see them 3-4 weeks ago and they promised to get back to me ! .
I can tell you that I am still waiting ? .
If you cant follow up a lead that is going to bring 40-50 to your place to eat
what chance have you got ..
I cant comment on the food , as I have not eaten there.

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 pm 
Rock Star

Neil I know what you are saying but cannot you just give them another chance? If theywere busy they may easily have lost your tel no!

Pop in daytime and ask for Tina or Digenis - I'm sure you will not be disappointed if you go!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Lost his number? If they lose the number of someone who wants to bring 50+ people there then what chance do those of us who are say a party of 4 have? I must be honest and say I would be loathe to spend €15 for a buffet when I am reading so many bad reviews.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:53 pm 
Rock Star

Tallulah - I did not say they had lost his number - have no idea but thought this might be the case! Are they not allowed to make a mistake?

I'll have a wager with you Alan that if you go next Sunday and don't enjoy it or don't think it is good value I'll eat my hat!
There must have been approx 100 people there today - surely they have not all got it wrong?

I rest my case

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:01 pm 
Top of the pops

In my position I'm a bit loathe to criticise anyone else's establishment, but I've been twice to Gustoso now and been disappointed both times. I loved Akava with it's stones and plants and find the new place a bit stark for my taste.

I was unimpressed with the food, which took a long time - the King prawns were cooked with shells on and then cut in a silly way, and sloppy, mushy rice. My friend's pizza was unimaginative and more importantly, dry and overcooked. Won't be going back even though the chocolate cake was nice.

Lesley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Bossy Boots wrote:
Tallulah - I did not say they had lost his number - have no idea but thought this might be the case! Are they not allowed to make a mistake?

I'll have a wager with you Alan that if you go next Sunday and don't enjoy it or don't think it is good value I'll eat my hat!
There must have been approx 100 people there today - surely they have not all got it wrong?

I rest my case

Of course they are allowed to make a mistake, however when offering a service to the general public it is tough when you seemingly do it continuously, according to some of the reviews I have read. I would like to try the place, however the reviews do make me hesitant, as I have stated before.
I am thrilled for the 100+ people there and hope they all had a great meal, however it doesn' mean they did, hence the mixed reviews above!
As to eating your hat, will it be better than the food? :pow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm 
Graduate

my 15th anniversary is next month and was going to give it a whirl
tweedies it is now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am 
Top of the pops

Went there for lunch two days ago - mrs judge had sea bass which was ok but it was supposed to be fresh seasonal veg and rice - the veh was crinkle cut frozen stuff and the rice was overcooked.

I had the double delight homemade burger - never ever again!! if that was homemade I'm a monkeys uncle - I could have used the burgers for soles on my shoes, and a fried egg in it that was burnt to a crisp - when asked by the waitress if everything was ok I pointed out the problems and she did apologise and knocked €1-75 off the bill (big deal)

We shan't be troubling this place again!!!!

chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 am 
Top of the pops

I went last week and had a tomato, onion and fetta salad which was delicious and the presentation was excellent, but just shows it all depends what you order . . . . . mind you, not a lot you could get wrong with that :greetings

Retirement - harder work than working - But much more fun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:42 am 
Top of the pops

Ive been there for lunch twice in the last couple weeks, was asked on the first occasion, there were 8 of us, & as i had read mixed reviews decided to give it a go. I could not fault what I ordered, Summer Breeze Salad, (Chicken, Mango & Advocado with Honey & Mustard Dressing & Salad- served in a large Taco shell ) and I must admit it was delicious & presentation was superb.

So suggested it last week when 8 of us were going out to lunch, again lovely food and very helpful staff. One of the people with us last week wasent too well, think it was prob lack of water, and the staff couldnt do enough for her, came straight over to see if we needed any help.

I would eat there again, could not fault what I ordered, and found the prices very reasonable.....& believe me I am picky where I eat want good food & value for money

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 am 
Top of the pops

Went there yesterday for lunch - Fabulous food and presented beautiful........... :lol:

Woud most definitely go back again...... :lol:

Treat others as you want to be treated

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm 
Rock Star

We went for their Sunday lunch yesterday. The food was excellent. It is even better than the Vatouthkia Sunday lunch and that is praise indeed.

Not a spare table available, people being turned away if they had not booked. This is a sure sign that they have this meal right.

Will definitely be going again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Is it still buffet on a Sunday? and the price is ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
Idol

They had it right when they ran the food at Tsada golf course, glad to see they are continuing where they left off.

I have visited a few times and always been well satisfied.

In Arduis Fidelis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 pm 
Rock Star

It is a Buffet & the price is €15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:46 pm 
Top of the pops

Thank you........... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm 
Regular

We also called in on the off-chance a week last Sunday, got the last table at 12.40. Again lots of people turned away who hadn't booked.

The food was superb, couldn't fault either the variety or the quality - will definately go again.

Went again for lunch last Friday, I ordered a bacon and egg roll, what was served was, four bacon rashers and 2 eggs in a bap, together with a pile of homemade chips and salad - I couldn't finish it, and all this for less than 6 euros!

The other plus point is the place is spotlessly clean and very comfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 pm 

I have been there about 6 times and have never had a bad meal, when I have wanted something cooked in a different way it's was done to perfection also the staff have always been friendly and efficient.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm 
Junior

We've been to a couple of organised 'do's' there recently and on both ocasions it's been an enjoyable experience. The staff are friendly, decor spotless, they made it warm and the food was very good. It's a great place to meet friends; lots of space inside plus car parking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Well, against my better judgement we are going there today for Sunday lunch after our friends gave it a glowing report from last Sunday - they are coming with us so we can beat them up if its rubbish again....................will report back later...............wish us luck!!

chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:00 pm 

Judge wrote:
Well, against my better judgement we are going there today for Sunday lunch after our friends gave it a glowing report from last Sunday - they are coming with us so we can beat them up if its rubbish again....................will report back later...............wish us luck!!

chris

Ooooo can hardly contain myself :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 pm 
Top of the pops

The Pizza I had in there was abysmal.Tasted like a cheap 3 for 2.45 from Lidls with a bit of Feta crumbled over it.Dry,tasteless and almost impossible to get your knife through let alone your NHS nashers.
Hope you had a better experience Judge and enjoyed your Sunday lunch.Have heard others say it is good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Beverley, we had exactly the same experience. Been there three times, and something has been lacking every time. Very disappointing.

Lesley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 pm 
Top of the pops

We have been there loads of times now, especially for lunch and never been disappointed.

I could not fault the place for cleanliness, presentation of food and friendly staff..... :) :sunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Well, what can I say, excellent food - good price - well impressed - may have to revise my opinion of the place!!

chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:04 pm 
Rock Star

Anyone know if Tina has had her baby yet? I'm sure she said it was due round about now.

Lovely family and Sunday Lunch is always great. So pleased that you enjoyed it Chris - have not yet known anyone who did'nt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm 
Top of the pops

As of yesterday baby was still in tummy...........:) Tina has 8 more days to go..........ahhh :) :sunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 am 
Idol

Went a week last Friday for my sister's last night of her holiday here, food gorgeous and I asked the lovely waiter to take our photograph, which he was happy to do. The staff were constantly asking us is everything was OK, couldn't fault it. :clap

Going again tomorrow lunch with the Paphos Belles and really looking forward to it :celebrate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Yup I'll be there tomorrow, been there lotsa times, my friend had her Hen Night there, they even baked her a "Special shaped" cake..leave that one with your imagination..... :oops: :oops: Never had a bad meal, staff always polite & asking if everything is Ok, place is spotless & very well presented. Cant really fault it. Some of you must have just been unlucky.. :shock:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body