Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DT's
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Went last week for lunch (TOKR - nearly opposite Venus Beach). Must admit I was pleasantly suprised with the quality of the food. Really good VFM - I had chicken, cheese & bacon cabiatta which comes with home made chips & side salad 4.75 - took me long enough to eat it there was so much. Steve had Battered Prawn Wings with chips and even he had problems getting through it all 5.25 for the prawns (6 giant ones), 1.50 for the chips (but enough to feed 2 people on the chips). Beer was a bit more expensive (sorry not sure exactly), but tea was only 2 euro for a pot for two which consisted of about 4 cups each. Pleasant atmosphere and certainly the busiest along that patch when we went.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Post subject: Re: DT's
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:19 pm 
Regular

'Steve had Battered Prawn Wings' - Oh no! not flying prawns, these scientists have a lot to answer for. Whatever next????

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:25 pm 
Regular

We went for lunch on a wet February day, I had the platter and it was awful (chicken wings overcooked or re cooked), the others in our group said theirs was Ok but I don’t think any of us were impressed maybe a bad day.
Rita

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 pm 
Major

:greetings Hi, I have been to DT's twice. the first time I had grilled chicken, it was really nice, however, the second visit I had fish and chips. the fish had a few bones in it and it was quite greasy,they also forgot the mushy peas. I don't think I will be going again!

Sue

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:59 pm 
Top of the pops

I must admit I stopped eating there a while ago as they were using frozen chips and to be honest here in CY if I'm going to have chips then I like home made hand cut ones

The drink prices however do seem really reasonable, I went in on Sunday and had a diet coke and a frappe came to 3.50 euro. I'm not drinking alcohol at the moment but the friends I was with said the prices were good for their drinks too

I like DT's, always nice friendly staff, its clean and ashtrays get replaced well before it gets to overflowing stage and its nice to have clean loo's where you can flush the loo paper :bounce :bounce :bounce

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body