PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 pm 
Top of the pops

:christmas :christmas From Todays Cyprus Mail:-

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/christmas/mu ... n/20121216

Multi-lingual Santa Claus is coming to town

By Bejay Browne

Published on December 16, 2012

Santa and his elves will speak to children in English, Greek and Russian
A FULLTIME Santa’s grotto has been set up for the first time in Paphos and is welcoming children of all nationalities until January.
The grotto, at the Paphos Mall, is a multi-lingual affair, with an English-speaking Santa with some Greek aided by his multi-lingual Elf, Roman.
Talk of the Town events -TOTT - organised the grotto which Matthew Edmondson, aka Santa Claus, says is the first of a kind for Paphos.
“Although there are usually a number of Santas in Paphos every year, this is the first time a permanent grotto has been set up.”
Edmonson pointed out that although it’s not unusual to see Santa making an appearance for a few hours a day outside a supermarket or a business at Christmas time; the grotto is completely different.
“On a number of previous occasions when I have portrayed Santa, I have been supplied only with a banner and a chair, so it’s great to have a proper grotto,” Edmondson said.
This grotto is completely different. A winter wonderland has been set up inside a shop space in the Mall, complete with Santa’s house. Santa sits inside on his rocking chair, his table and lamp on one side, and a Christmas tree on the other.
The slightly portly Edmonson certainly looks the part when he’s dressed up complete with his white beard, spectacles, a red coat with white collar and cuffs, white-cuffed red trousers, and black leather belt and boots.
Although he tells the children his main language is ‘North Pole-ish’, Edmonson prefers to communicate in English and when he gets into a sticky situation with a child visiting his grotto, a discreet cough brings his multi-lingual helper Elf, 19-year-old Roman, to his aid.
“I speak Russian, Greek and English and I help Santa out whenever he needs it, I enjoy working with the children,” Roman said.
Edmonson said: “We’re all children inside and we all love Christmas. The presents we have with us are suitable for children up to about 12 years old, but we welcome everyone.”
The red clad figure says he is also making a small guidebook, ‘Essential Greek for Santas’, which will include prompts to help him with Greek-speaking children.
Edmonson says he’s tried to keep the costs of the first dedicated Paphos grotto down. “Most grottos in the UK cost about £8 entrance fee and ours is five euros.”
Santa and his two elves will be at the Paphos grotto until Christmas Eve, before returning to the mall on December 27 until January 5.
“I tell the children that I will have to have a couple of days day off to recover, as delivering so many presents is usually hard work, my elves get tired too,” said Edmonson. “We will be back at the grotto in time for Russian Christmas.”
Santa’s grotto in Paphos has been organised by T.O.T.T. Events, and is open 2pm-6.30pm weekdays, Saturday 11am -5.30pm and Sunday 2pm-5pm. It is situated opposite the Orphanides supermarket entrance inside the Paphos Mall. For information call 96 322902

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:47 pm 
Forum Admin

I was just reading that in the Cyprus mail ..
I told everyone at the christmas party , he was not an elf ..
:smilielol
well done matt ..
:clap

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body