The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 am

Can't Sing - Wont Sing banner

the Best Quiz Nights in Paphos Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm 
Idol

Friday September 28th 10am-2pm
Everyone knows someone who has been card for and helped by the Macmillan Nurses and funding is needed to allow this vital work to carry on.A coffee morning is being held on the same day around the world and we are holding one at UKCA Social Club on the coast road to Paphos to Coral Bay, opposite St. Georges Hotel near the traffic lights. We need as many people as possible to come support us. We need as many people as possible to come and support us. Entry fee is €2 which bus one cup of coffee/tea and one slice of cake. There will also be stalls selling arts & crafts, new/ nearly new clothing, CD's and wine tasting etc. Plus music from Ronnie Barrone, and silly games to play.
If you can help in any way or want further information, please call (after 1pm) 99229457, 99009154, 9769978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 pm 
Top of the pops

I didn't know there were Macmillan Nurses here.

Lesley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:04 pm 

Lesley wrote:
I didn't know there were Macmillan Nurses here.

Lesley

There aren’t any Lesley. All monies raised will be used in the UK.

I don’t mean to be pedantic and I know I’ll sound like ‘PD’ :lol: BUT the actual title is
Macmillan Cancer Support…The nurses are only one of the services they provide....both OH and myself are ex Macmillan fundraisers :greetings

In both 2008 and 2009, large World's Biggest Coffee mornings were held at Akrotiri and Episkopi

The World's Biggest Coffee Morning is Macmillan Cancer Support's biggest fundraising event. They ask people across the UK - and sometimes further afield - to hold a coffee morning, where donations on the day are made to Macmillan. In 2011 51,000 people signed up to coffee morning, raising a record £10 million.

There are currently 2 million people living with cancer in the UK. By 2030 there will be 4 million. We want to make sure we're there for all of them.

One in three of us will get cancer and for most it will be the toughest thing we ever face. When you’re facing the toughest fight of your life, you need a team of inspiring people in your corner with you.
That’s who they are. They provide medical, emotional, practical and financial support and they push for a better cancer care system. They are the team that gives you the strength and energy to face the fight and get through it.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm 
Top of the pops

:clap
Some of the many unsung helpers that society often just accepts as 'being there'.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:21 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:

I don’t mean to be pedantic and I know I’ll sound like ‘PD’ :lol:

Can you just leave PD out of this - I would not know a Macmillan nurse from any other - they all do good works.
Stop it or I will join your quiz :bat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:57 pm 
Top of the pops

My daughter in law who sadly lost her battle this year was looked after in a Macmillan Hospice and they were wonderful,not only to the patients but their loved ones too.
I will definately be supporting this and many other genuine Cancer fund raisers.(yes, sadly there are bogus ones about).

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body