Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:45 am

Can't Sing - Wont Sing banner

the Best Quiz Nights in Paphos Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm 

There is a team of military amputees coming from the UK in November and we are looking for teams to race against them at the Paphos Karting Centre. The idea is to hold a team event. If each team has 5 or 6 drivers and you have 30 teams (depends on the maximum number of karts the track will allow to race at one time), this turns into a really interesting event with lots of people (150 to 180 drivers). It could be a 2 ½ or 3hr race so each driver gets to race for 30mins. To make it more interesting, you can stipulate that each team must have a minimum of 12 driver change-overs, meaning each driver gets to driver 2 x 15 mins sessions.
Anyone interested please contact [email protected]. Trophies will be issued to the winning teams.
Anybody out there who would like to sponsor this event please also contact Alan Wilson 99850355 or email.
Medical coverage provided by Unity Medi Centre, Paphos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm 

Hi

Any height, weight or age restrictions?

Cost per 'team'?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 pm 

OK PP’ers what about it, let’s try to help these guys out
THEY DESERVE IT!!!

Have we got enough ex-pat, ex-military interested enough to put a team together? :auto

What about you ladies. Maybe a PP Ladies Team? :giggle
(It’s ok the karts are automatic ;) ) Standby Cyril :greetings

What about a team from the local taxis (Rocky do you know anybody?)
(It’s ok; they will still be allowed to drive with 1 hand out the window and using the other to text someone)

What about a team from the local Police? Anyone got contacts?
(I know it may be difficult driving without the blue lights continually on :roll: )

I am sure somebody has contact with a family of local ‘boy racers!!’ ok let them come along and show their stuff….or not!!!
:huff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:44 pm 

Hi, there is no restriction on height or weight, so long as you can get in the Kart! Age: over 18.

No sure yet if they are bringing 5 or 6 of their team, which ever it is will let you know asap, accordingly the cost will be euros50.00 each person per 5 or 6 team members. Regards, Alan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Top of the pops

So we are talking a possible 9K for a day's karting but only 5 or 6 amputees take part ? at first the headline grabbed me and MAD's enthusiasm also interested me but the sheer cost seems to be extraordinary or am I just out of touch?
Anything that will give pleasure to our brave veterans is ok with me and would have my support but this sounds like a nice little earner for the go karting company?
Apologies if I offend anyone but I tend to say what others think and am not always popular for doing that.
What the heck,my own Father gave his life in WW2 for me to have the right of freedom of speech and I don't let him down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:55 pm 

Hi, the gokart place only gets a one off payment for the hire of the track for the one day. Other monies taken go to the amputee karters and M.A.R.C.H. after expenses are taken out. This is a charity event obviously. All teams get to race. M.A.R.C.H. collects funds in order to bring wounded/amputee/wheelchair bound military personnel to Cyprus for a holiday. http://www.march-cy.org

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Thank you for clarifying why the cost is so high.Obviously if this is a fund raising as well as fun activity then more people may be interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 pm 

OK, now we know it's €50 perperson. A portion of that goes to the karting company to pay for the day, the remainder goes to M.A.R.C.H as a charity 'donation'

SO back to the original question....WHAT ABOUT IT? can we get a team or 2 together? :greetings

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body