It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:39 am

Can't Sing - Wont Sing banner

the Best Quiz Nights in Paphos Banner

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 pm 
Major

SPA TONIC IN, ASSOCIATION WITH BORDER CHOICE, HAVE ORGANISED A FUN RUN/WALK
TO RAISE MONEY FOR PARC
THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY 12TH NOVEMBER, 2011.

To all my dear friends and family that have supported Parc over the past 7 years I am writing to ask for your help.

Spa Tonic have organised this event to raise money for two charities, one is Parc and one is a charity for deprived children in Paphos.

To be chosen as their charity of the year we had to put in a bid explaining what we wanted the funds for.
We decided that the most important thing we need now is a vehicle to help us transport our animals to and from the vets etc. For the past 7 years our unpaid volunteers have all used our own vehicles. I personally now do between 1500 and 2000 kms each month in my own car and apart from a petrol allowance I, like all of us, meet the full cost of repairs, insurance and road tax. My car is now 10 years old and although we have always been a two car family the economic situation means that we are no longer in a position to replace this vehicle. Other Parc members are in the same position so it is vital that we acquire a vehicle which will be available to anyone on Parc business. It will be equipped with cages and traps and have our logo on the side along with the logos of our main sponsors.

I am going to enter this event and am asking if you will personally sponsor me. I would also ask if you can involve your friends and family. If you find 25 people who will give you 2 pounds or 2 euros each we will have 50 euros from each sponsor form.

In reality if every person that I have given an animal to, taken an animal from, or helped treat an animal they have found, gave 10 euros each I really should raise over a million. Of course many people have moved on now and they will, in all probability have forgotten what we did. I beg you not to forget what Parc has done to help so many animals and also to help us help many more. I am asking you to give generously for this special one off event. I have set myself the challenging target to personally raise 2000 euros.

Please will you help me to achieve this by giving generously?

If you are able to help me, please either email me at [email protected] or send a message on this forum to Sue who is posting this on my behalf and we will send you details of how to make a donation, along with a sponsor form that you can use to collect funds from anyone else who would like to help us.

Kind regards
Ruth
Chairperson and founder member of Peyia Animal Rescue Club.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Star

:greetings Please come along this Saturday.....The Spa Tonic in association with Border Choice have organised this fantastic day to raise money for Parc and for the Childrens Activity Centre. Parc is very grateful to them for choosing us as one of their two local charities this year.

Do come along if you are in Cyprus this Saturday. It will all happen in the harbour at Paphos. At 1pm there will be a huge Zumba ...class (just 5 euros to take part and we want to make it the biggest class ever) At 2pm the Fun Run/ Walk / Doggy Walk / Buggy Walk will start. There will be nearly 300 people taking part and refreshments will be served on the Wave Dancer for the people who have entered.

my 10yr old daughter Taylor is doing the fun run on my behalf, so if anyone would like
to sponsor her they can see Andy (just inside door) at the Duckpond on Wednesday.

Thanks in Advance
Carol :D

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body